Chapter 5

I stretched my legs underneath the covers and felt the soft fabric brush against my skin, burying my face in my pillow and hearing faint whispers from somewhere inside the room.

"Should we wake her up?" Camila spoke quietly to the other girls.

"I don't know, she looks like a pretty heavy sleeper. We may have a hard time," Dinah answered deviously.

"How will we ever get her out of bed?" Normani asked, the same mischievous tone in her voice.

"I think I have an idea," Dinah stated, skipping quietly out of the room and leaving the other girls in silence.

I didn't move a muscle, waiting to see what their genius plan to get me out of bed would be, none of them aware that I was already awake.

Dinah reentered, two pans clinking together in her hand while she tried to make her presence as silent as possible.

I tensed up under the sheets and waited for the ear splitting sound of the pans crashing together, assuming that was her plan. The room grew eerily silent and I thought for a moment that they had decided against waking me until I heard the crash of metal against metal which made me jolt upright despite having braced myself for the sound.

"GOOD MORNING!" Dinah yelled as she splashed water on me, followed by Normani who rubbed a huge blob of whipped cream across my face.

"Seriously?" I hissed, wiping the whipped cream off my face and flicking it back towards Dinah.

"It's already ten, sleepy head. Wakey wakey," Camila cooed, reaching across the bed and spooning some of the cream off of my face with her finger tip and depositing it onto her tongue.

"Ew, you don't know where her face has been," Dinah scolded Camila, contorting her face into a disgusted expression.

"Sure I do," Camila shrugged. "She's been sleeping. Her face was obviously on her pillow."

"But what if she got up in the middle of the night and like...wiped her face with a dirty dish rag or something?" Dinah argued.

"Why would I do that?" I asked in a low, hushed tone, staring off into the distance and waiting for the girls to finish arguing.

"She didn't," Camila continued, shaking her head from side to side and crossing her arms over her chest. "I was here all night, I happen to know for a fact that she was in bed from the time she fell asleep to just now."

"You spent the night here?" Normani asked, a hint of surprise in her tone.

"Yeah, I guess I just fell asleep on the couch," Camila answered.

Ally, Normani, and Dinah all shared a troubled but pleased look with one another, Dinah turning towards Camila with a smirk plastered on her face.

"What did you two get up to last night? Lauren slept in pretty late, I guess whatever it was it made pretty tired," Dinah question mischievously.

"Whoa, whoa," Camila said, holding her hands out in front of her and backing away from Dinah slowly. "Don't even go there. It's too early in our friendship for inappropriate sexual humor."

"We watched Harry Potter," I added, finally dragging myself out of bed. "Camila fell asleep on the couch, that's it. That's all that happened. Just two perfectly straight girls watching a movie and getting to know each other."

Camila dropped her gaze to the floor in front of her, a small smile appearing on her lips as she tried to hide it, followed by the other girls who did the same.

"What's wrong with all of you?" I wondered aloud.

"Uh...Lo, you're not wearing pants," Ally informed me.