Chapter 43

"Great show ladies!" Tara applauded as we entered the dressing room.

"You'd think after the third show we'd be used to the choreography," Ally laughed. "Man, I'm beat."

"I second that," Dinah agreed.

Normani nodded and I looked at Camila as she found her seat on the couch next to me. She threw her legs over my lap and took a sip of her water, scanning the exhausted faces of the other girls.

"I'm not even tired," she informed us. "You guys are lame."

"Hey, I'm not tired either," I defended, nudging her shoulder playfully.

"Good, you can entertain me," she smirked.

Dinah made a noise between a gag and a scoff and Camila laughed, standing up off the couch and walking backwards towards one of the back rooms. Her gaze remained on me the whole way and I knew the signal by heart at that point. I was supposed to follow her. I was supposed to join her for a few moments and give her what she wanted and act as if I was totally okay with it, but I couldn't do it- not after our movie night and the kiss we shared. None of it added up. I didn't understand how one second she acted like she thought the world of me and the next she was only interested in taking my clothes off.

I glanced at Ally who was engaged in conversation with Tara and Dinah nodded in Camila's direction, signaling for me to join her before anyone noticed. I sprung off the couch and tip-toed down the hallway, stopping in front of a door that was half open and pushing my way inside.

"Shut the door," Camila instructed.

I did as she said and clicked the lock, scanning the room until I found her seated in the corner, strumming lightly on a guitar.

"I've been standing here for like twenty seconds already," I joked. "Why haven't you tried to take my clothes off yet?"

"I mean, if that's what you want I'd be glad to," she shrugged. "But that's not exactly why I brought you back here."

"Then why did you feel the need to lure me all the way to the back of the dressing room?" I wondered.

"Well, I couldn't exactly ask you out in front of all of the girls without them suspecting something, could I?" she smiled.

I felt my heart stop momentarily as I processed her words. Camila asking me out for one on one time was a rarity, and it without a doubt took me by surprise.

"Like...like a date?" I stammered.

"Well," she chuckled. "More like a...girls night out, but you get the idea."

She ran a hand through her hair, letting her dark waves fall in front of her face as her chestnut colored eyes beamed at me. I couldn't have said no to her even if I had wanted to. I didn't think I'd ever be able to tell her no. Every time I even thought about it she lured me in with those big brown eyes or her crooked smile or her melodious laugh and I just couldn't stay away. She had a talent for getting exactly what she wanted from me without even having to try.

"I'd like that," I nodded, trying to keep my cool as she sat the guitar against the wall and pushed herself out of her chair.

"Great," she exclaimed. "I was thinking maybe we could try to find a book store or something and hang out there. I know it's boring but I need something new to read."

"No, I'd love to," I assured her. "I'm never bored when I'm with you."

She smiled as she stepped past me and clicked the lock, turning the handle and pulling the door open.