Chapter 34

We sat gathered around the studio, everyone spread out and anxiously awaiting the news we were about to receive as Tara, L.A., and Simon stood in front of us. They called us into the studio late one night after a day off, claiming that they needed time to "figure things out" before we could return for the final recording process. Whatever they were discussing was obviously a big deal, and we all knew we were about to find out what it was at any moment. I stood next to Camila, feeling the heat from her skin through my clothes with her shoulder against me. Everyone was silent and nervous to hear the news, whatever it was.

"We have a little under a month until the release of the EP," Tara reminded us. "You've worked extremely hard and we know that, but the success of the album is in the hands of your fans."

L.A. stepped forward and paced back and forth in front of us, scratching at his chin thoughtfully as he contemplated how to word what he was going to say.

"You haven't quite been under the label for a year, and you don't technically have a full studio album yet," he started. "We don't usually do this kind of thing with newcomers, but since you're already so popular, we thought you could do a little...promoting."

"What, like a music video or something?" Camila asked.

"Not exactly," Simon said, shaking his head in disagreement and stepping towards us. "A tour."

We all looked at each other, glancing around the room at one another and then at Simon, waiting for an explanation.

"Girls, you're going on your first tour after the EP is released," he reiterated.

"Like...a real tour? Like, around the country? With a tour bus and everything?" Ally questioned.

Simon nodded. "The whole nine yards."

Camila jumped up and down excitedly and wrapped her arms around my neck, burying her face in the crook of my shoulder. Her enthusiasm spread to the other girls and soon we were all wrapped up in a giant group hug, barely able to contain our excitement and crying tears of joy.

"When does it start?" Normani wondered once we broke apart.

"November," Tara answered. "We're keeping it small though, since you aren't that well-known yet."

"It's a mall tour," L.A. explained. "You'll go around to different malls throughout the country, perform a set, and do a meet and greet. We have fifteen locations on the list."

We listened as he explained the basic details, but my attention was drawn away when I felt Camila step slightly away from me. I turned to look at her and noticed a tear streaming down her cheek. She attempted to wipe it off but I gripped her wrist to stop her, studying her face as she tried to avoid my gaze.

"What's wrong?" I nearly whispered.

Everyone in the room got quiet as they waited on a response and she looked around, using her free hand to wipe her eyes as a weak smile appeared on her face.

"Nothing's wrong," she laughed. "This is just so...surreal. Like, we're going on tour. People are going to pay money to come see us perform. A year ago I was praying that I made it through my X Factor audition and now we're traveling the country on tour."

"You're taking the world by storm," Simon smiled. "That's why we're calling it the Harmonize America tour. It's time for a new group to take over."

"Right now it's just America," L.A. acknowledged. "Pretty soon it'll be all of planet earth."

I blinked away the tears that were starting to form in my eyes and leaned my head against Camila's shoulder. She rested her chin on top of my head and I felt her smile. Ally gripped my hand and Normani hugged Dinah who hugged Camila.