Chapter 32

I woke up early the next morning despite only receiving a few hours of sleep the night before. I felt well rested and for once I was actually happy to go downstairs and greet the girls. I didn't have to avoid Camila anymore, and it was a wonderful feeling. I skipped down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen where Ally was making breakfast as usual. Camila, Normani, and Dinah were all gathered around the table, laughing to themselves about a topic that I had evidently missed.

"Good morning guys," I chirped, pulling the orange juice out of the refrigerator and pouring myself a glass.

Ally stopped what she was doing and the rest of the girls became silent as they all stared at me in shock.

"What..." I worried.

"You're in an awfully good mood today," Ally observed.

I threw my hands up in front of me, feigning defense. "Oh, excuse me. I didn't know it was a crime to be happy."

"It's just...not like you. You're usually not a morning person. What's got you so excited?" she continued.

I casted a quick glance in Camila's direction and then joined her at the table, sliding into my usual spot next to her.

"Today just feels like a good day," I shrugged.

Ally shook her head in defeat and informed us that breakfast was ready. We all made our plates and then returned to the table, talking over one another as we discussed the day's events. I heard the door open and craned my neck to see the entryway, finding Tara shutting the door behind her after she let her self inside.

"Morning girls," she greeted as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Morning," we all said in unison.

"I've got some news for you all," she informed us, pulling up one of the barstools and turning it to face us.

"Is everything okay?" Normani asked.

Tara nodded and swiveled back and forth on her seat, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah, it's pretty exciting news actually," she assured us. "You all are aware that the EP comes out in October which is only a few months away. You've been working extremely hard and we could not be more excited to hear the finished product. The guys at Epic and Syco, along with your management team and parents decided that you could all use some time off."

I glanced at Camila who stared expectantly at Tara, waiting for her to say what we were all wishing for.

"We've booked each of you a flight home for the weekend," Tara finished. "You all leave tomorrow morning."

We all grinned in satisfaction, more excited than ever to go home to our friends and family.

"Be ready at four," Tara instructed, getting out of her seat and heading back towards the door.

We nodded in understanding and finished our breakfast, the main topic of conversation being what we would do when we returned to our hometowns. I gently nudged Camila under the table and she smiled in response. I didn't even have to say anything. We both knew what we would do when we returned to Miami, and both of us were overjoyed to have some time to ourselves to get things back on track.

...

"It feels good to be back," I sighed as Camila and I stepped into the humid summer air of Miami.

"Has it always been this hot?" she complained.

"Stop whining," I teased. "My parents will be here to pick us up any minute and we can head straight to the beach."