Chapter 45

"Oh my God, this tour is exhausting," Camila whined as she threw herself onto the bed.

She buried her face in her pillow and let out a frustrated groan as I reached across the sheets and slipped my hand under her t-shirt, rubbing her back supportively and feeling her relax against my touch.

"It's fun though, right? I mean, we get to go to all these cities that we've never been to before and perform every night. It's worth it," I encouraged.

"No, I know," she huffed, rolling over onto her back and picking up my hand, playing absentmindedly with my fingers out of habit. "I'm just tired. I love every second of it but I wouldn't mind a full night's sleep every now and then."

"Well then how about we actually try to get a full night's sleep tonight?" I teased.

She sighed and sat up straight on the mattress, placing one hand behind my neck and pulling my lips into hers. Her soft flesh molded to mine and made my head spin, and it didn't take long for me to become addicted to the taste of her kiss again.

"No thanks," she whispered, pulling back and pressing her forehead to mine. "A full night's sleep will never be as enjoyable as this."

She gripped the fabric on the bottom of my t-shirt and pulled it over my head, getting right to the point and tossing it to the side before pushing me down on the mattress and climbing on top of me. She connected our lips forcefully and slid her fingertips down my abdomen, leaving behind a trail of goosebumps as she sat up and pulled her own shirt over her head. I placed the palm of my hand flat against her stomach and felt the sharp rise and fall of each of her breaths and the flexing of her muscles that accompanied it. She repositioned herself so that she was propped up on her elbow, pressed as close to my side as possible with one hand on my hip. I gently brushed my fingertips over the outline of her abs as she smiled down at me, a knowing but curious look on her face.

"What?" she chuckled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, blushing slightly and trying to contain a smile. "You're just...when did you get so hot?"

"What, I wasn't hot when you first met me?" she joked, picking up my hand and removing it from her stomach but keeping it tucked safely in her own.

"I mean, you were, but you were like...that awkwardly-adorable hot back then," I told her.

"So what am I now?" she asked.

I repositioned my head on the pillow so that I could see her clearly- her long, dark hair that was attractively messy from rolling around in the sheets, her full lips and the way she ran her tongue along them, anticipating contact with mine, her toned muscles and curvy figure in nothing but a bra and a pair of my pajama shorts. She was effortlessly perfect. Effortlessly arousing...

"You're kind of sexy, Camz," I laughed lightheartedly.

"Kind of?" she smirked, leaning down to connect our lips once again. "I guess you're 'kind of sexy' too, Lauren."

She released my hand and placed her own back on my hip, slipping her fingertips just underneath the waistband of my shorts and brushing her lips along my jawline. She trailed gentle kisses from the soft spot behind my ear down to my collar bone but closed her eyes before she went any further, sitting up slightly and directing her gaze away from me.

"What's the matter?" I questioned, sitting up on my elbows to match her eye level.

"Nothing," she half-whispered.

"Camila..." I protested. "Don't even try that."

She sighed heavily and ran her fingers through her hair, shaking her head and letting out a sarcastic chuckle.