Everything started to go in slow motion. The contact of the handles to her chest. The sound of the zapping. But most of all, The dramatic rise of her chest. Her body had shot up in the air. Gasping for air, she fell back onto the bed, chest rising and falling quickly. They saved her. All the doctors but two came out. One of the doctors, who was writing something down on his clipboard, walked out the door and over to me.

"She's alive, but she is still in a coma for now. We have no idea when she will wake up. All we know is that she'll be out for at least a week." He explained. 

"You're a brave man." He said, patting my shoulder.

I gave him a weak smile, and burst into the room. Madison's hospital gown had been tied back up, but the doctor next to her. Her hair was tied all the way back, in a ponytail bun. It was a brownish-blondish colour. She quickly glanced my way, making me gasp.

"Grace?" I gasped.

"uh... hi there?" Grace replied nervously.

"You're a doctor? Where did you disappear to?" I asked, sudden rage flowing through my veins.

"Australia... I went to medical school and I just came to America three weeks ago." 

"Oh. Why did you disappear?" 

"Well I knew you would want to kill me sometime soon, - but it wasn't all my fault - because of that kiss and what was I supposed to do? Hang out with five guys without Ella and Madison? No thanks. Not my cup of tea."

"Oh.. anyways, how's um... uh.. how are you?" I asked, trying to avoid the awkward tension in the air.

"Been better. Not everyday you're made to be your best fri- old best friends doctor and by meaning that, responsible for their life, and making sure she doesn't go into cardiac arrest again." Grace said, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Hahaha yeah... I can't say, I know what if feels like but I can say I know what it's like to be responisible for someones life." I explained, looking at the ground. 

"Yeah... well this is awkward. I'll leave you alone with Madison then." Grace said, piling all the papers into the folder. She walked out the room in a rush and I sat next to Madison stroking her hair back.

*3 DAYS LATER*

I was in the hospital, upset so I started to sing a little song just to cheer me up.

" Diana,

The front pages are your pictures,

They make you look so small,

How could someone not miss you at all?

I never would mistreat ya,

Oh I'm not a criminal,

I speak a different language but I still hear your call.

Diana,

Let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes,

You've been lonely,

You don't even know me,

But I can feel you crying,

Diana,

Let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life,

I don't think you even realize baby you'd be saving mine.