Chapter 17

SONG: Hallelujah (Female Vocals) - Leonard Cohen

*Zayn's POV*

I woke up to screaming and yelling and the sound of dishes smashing downstairs. I quickly jumped out of bed and sprinted downstairs but immediately running upstairs to put a shirt on that I must of taken off during the night. I slipped a plain black black tee on and dodged my way out of the room.

I walked into the kitchen to see plate being smashed on the ground. "Hey hey hey! What the fuck?!" I yelled. Nina looked up with worry in her eyes. She was just sitting on the floor, knees up to her chin, full out sobbing.

I looked up to see Keith standing at least 3 feet away from the sobbing mess on the floor. "What's going on?" I asked, my voice slower and lower than usual. Keith's eyes looked up at me. They were filled with fury and anger. He lowered his eyebrows at me to try and scare me off. I think, but it didn't work. Not the slightest bit.

"Keith," I started off lowly. "I think it's time you go home." Keith didn't say anything. He picked Nina up by grabbing her elbow and dragging her up. "Leave her behind." I added. Keith let go of her arm with force and turned to me, smirking. "Or what pretty boy?" He replied. My smile just grew wider. "Or I will mess you up. You remember what I did to that boy when he forced himself onto Madison. I was only 15. Imagine what I could do now." I said in a satisfied tone of voice. Keith's eyes quickly flashed with worry. I just smirked in success. He huffed and stormed out the house.

"Nina, was that the first time?" I asked her. She nodded but then shook her head. My blood boiled. I may not like Nina but nobody should treat anyone that way. "Nina, you're staying here from now on, but me, Madison and the kids have to leave today. Boy's need me." I explained feeling bad. She nodded. I patted her back and made my way upstairs to see Madison feeding Aiden. I looked away and went into the bathroom. I collected all my belongings and dumped them into the mini bag I had. I strutted out and carefully placed my bag into my suitcase.

I zipped it up and placed it by the bedroom door. Madison was in the middle of changing Aiden's nappy when Acacia came up to me and asked me to take her to the potty. I have never done this but, I was of course, her father so I had to. I picked her up and walked her over to the bathroom. "Um... Caish.. can you uh go to the potty without mummy or daddy here?" I asked. Geez I sounded like a horrible father. "Yay! Yes Daddy!" She squealed. I chuckled and waited outside the door. I heard the toilet flush and a lid close. "You ready baby?" I said softly through the door. "Yes Daddy. I'm just spraying on some of this pretty cupcake spray." She quickly opened the door and ran through my legs. I turned around smiling. "You ready Zayn?" Mrs - Malik - to - be asked me. "Yep." I said popping the p. We walked out of the room and our hands disconnected. "Babe, I need to go say bye to my sisters." I explained. She nodded in return so she didnt wake Aiden up. 7 weeks old. Wow.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts and I was turned to see Nina standing there. She wrapped her arms around me while mine went just above her waist. "Thanks so m-much. I d-didn't think I c-could stand that any longer." She mumbled wiping at her cheeks. "It's ok Nina. If you have to, sleep in Madison and I's bed." Nina nodded and walked into the bathroom. She should give her daughter a goodbye but.. I guess not. 

After a 15 minute goodbye session, we were finally on the road. "Zayn." Madison said. "Yes babe?" I replied. "Um.. my friend Joel wants to meet up with me tomorrow." She finished. "No Madison. Remember what he did to you." "It's not like he would do it again." She argued back. "Madison, for fuck sakes! He tried  to rape you. Why wouldn't he try again. He might try to do it until he gets what he wants. So you are not going!" I told her focusing on the road. "Geez. You're not my father." She mumbled under her breath. My hand found itself on Madison's cheek making a slapping sound. "Oh m-my g-g-god. Madison I-im so s-s-sorry." I stuttered. "Save it Zayn." She said and we stayed quiet the whole way home. 

*Madison's POV*

He slapped me. My fiance slapped my cheek. I do understand why he is getting cross at me but I don't know why that set him off. He has never hurt me... well physically that is. Lucky the kids were still sleeping. Aiden hadn't grown any hair and he wont, unfortunately. We arrived back at home, in London and we hopped out of the car. I went to the back and grabbed the kids and put them inside and into bed. I rested my suitcase in the living room and I made my way out into our backyard. It was storming so I ran into the studio at the back of the garden. I sat down on the porch of the studio and looked at the weather.

Just thinking. What if Joel did turn up again soon. What if he did try to touch me. When we were 15, Zayn litterally beat the shit out of Joel. Now a lot of people are scared of Zayn in Bradford, but all the little pathetic directioners. I do like them but not of what they think what the boys are. They practically knew nothing. Zayn was an agressive guy aswell as a soft, gentle and sensitive father but to be honest... they did know everything bout the boys except there is no such thing as Larry Stylinson and Niall did not actually eat that much and Liam wasn't as responsible as they thought he was.

I knew it was bad but I pulled out some cigarettes that I nicked from Zayn's back pocket. I pulled out some matches and lit it up, sucking a huge breath in. I closed my eyes and just sat there. Breathing in smoke, breathing out smoke. I was sitting there for 2 minutes and was about to put it out when I saw Zayn open the back door and run outside towards me. I quickly took one last drag and put it out, flicking it over the railing. "Babe, I'm so sorry. Please come back inside." He said, sounding like he was about to cry. I nodded. "Babe please speak. I know it's only been 20 minutes but I miss your voice. 

I didnt want to open my mouth. Zayn would smell the smoke on me if he couldn't already but of course with my luck he smelt it. I know he did. I looked down at my lap and he placed two fingers under my chin and lifted my head up. He leaned in and I parted my lips. He connected his lips with mine, those tingles still coming from 5 years ago. He pulled away sooner and I know he could taste the cigarette on my breath. "Madison... Why." He asked. "I'm stressed. You're not the only one." I said quietly. "I know but baby-" Zayn was cut off by a lightening strike, striking the house and letting it on fire. "the children. THE CHILDREN!" I screamed. I sprinted inside with a fast Zayn catching up to me. He stopped me. "Babe I'll get them. If anything does happen to them, I dont want anything to happen to you either 'cause then 3 people have left." I understood and nodded. 

After 5 minutes of pain and worry. Zayn came out with my daughter in his arms aswell as my son. My son. He was lifeless. My baby boy. A firetruck and an abulance came up. The instantly started working on my boy. I sat down on the curb with Acacia clinging onto me. "Miss, can I please speak to you?" A young blonde nurse asked me. I stood up infront of her. "Aiden unfortunately didn't make it. His leukemia was pretty bad at the moment and the smoke didn't help aswell as the burns." She explained. I let out a loud sob and they couldn't stop. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I turned around and buried myself and Acacia into Zayn's chest.

"L-Lou..." I stuttered into the phone. "Hey babe whats up?" He asked. "Can you come down and bring Niall and Ella and Grace if she is with Niall?" "Sure... We'll be right there... um.. ok... bye." He said sounding worried. Soon enough they arrived and I had my dead baby in my arms. As soon as Louis stood out of the car, he let out a loud sob. He ran to me and asked me what happened. I explained and I don't remember anything else after I entered an endless world of darkness.

HIIIII!!! SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED! MY LAPTOP BROKE {not naming names. *cough* Grace *cough*} BUT I HAVE IT BACK!!!! SORRY ITS SHORT AND SHIT BUT HERE YOU GO! AIDEN DIED! STUPID CANCER! UGHHHH! ANYWAYS MY BIRTHDAY WAS ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!! (12TH OF MARCH) WOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOP! Sorry Im crazy. I have only had 1 and a half hours of sleep in 35 hours. Anyways... Im going to bed. NIGHTTTTTTT XXXXXXXXX OMG NEARL 2000 VIEWS IN UNDER 2 MONTHS!! WOOOOOP

- Meg xxx