Chapter 9

Previously: "Louis, I don't know what to do I really like her and I really really want her to be my girlfriend again." I overheard Zayn from the games room. "I know mate. Just give her time. She loves you deep down still." Lou replied. "I hope she does. Madison is a wonderful girl." Oh my god. He's gonna ask me out. YAY! Sorry... I think my hormones are kicking in if you catch my drift.... Zayn quickly looked over his shoulder and he was about to turn back to Lou but he turned his head towards me... "Madison..." Zayn said. "I'm just going to leave..." I replied. "FUCK!" I heard Zayn yell.

SONG: Strong - London Grammer

For the past couple of days it has been awkward between me and Zayn. I kept trying to avoid him. Not because I am angry, only because I am scared that I will kiss him uncontrollably. I am only trying to what is best. But ignoring Zayn is really not helping. It is just making us both really upset. I needed time to myself. Tonight we were just on the edge of London for the night. I decided to go to. It will take my mind off things.

I went out just in a hoodie, sweatpants and hightops. I snuck out of the house while the boys were arguing over what pizza to get, Niall's voice being the loudest. I quietly opened the door and left. I didn't know where I was going, I just left. Getting away from the madness. Getting away from the awkwardness. Running away from Love.

I jogged down the dark street, shadows swaying with the wind. Cats lurking in the shadows. Danger could be just around the corner. Waiting for a helpless young girl to come skipping around the corner. Waiting for the taste of blood. I heard something bang the dumpsters. Adrenaline taking over my body, I ran. I came to a halt at a public restroom. I walked in and grasped onto the sink trying to catch my breath. I looked in the mirror and I didn't see me. I saw a girl who was afraid of her problems. A girl who ran away from her problems. A girl who was afraid of love. I didn't know what to do. I felt vibrating on my ass. I pulled my phone out and I saw a text message from Niall. 'Hey Madi where are you? We are all worried about you... Especially Zayn.' I didn't type back. I just turned my phone off altogether. I went over to a stall and grabbed some toilet paper. I walked back to the sink and wet it, wiping off all my left over make up. My hair was all over the place due to all the running and the wind flowing through my hair. I sat on the floor pulling my knees up to my chest. My eyes started to get heavy and and I soon fell asleep on the floor just like that.

I woke up to talking, male voices. "Niall I can't lose her! I love her. She just disappeared. What do we do..." I heard a familiar voice. My accent. I quietly stood up, and walked over to the bathroom door managing to keep a yawn in. I peeked through the crack of the door and I saw Niall and Zayn standing there. Zayn was crying. I felt a tingling in my nose. Oh shit. I tried to keep it in but I couldn- "Achoo!" I sneezed my weird sneeze. "I know that sneeze anywhere!" Zayn exclaimed. His face immediately brightened up. He quickly opened the door to the bathroom and I quickly ran into the stall but I wasn't fast enough. I grabbed my waist and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Oh my god Madison! I thought I lost you!" He cried out. I pulled away from him and turned away making sure so he couldn't see my tears. "Madi... Why did you run away?" Zayn said in a soft tone. "I just... couldn't do this any longer." I said quietly. "Do what?" He asked, placing two fingers under my chin making me look at him. "This!" I said waving my hands everywhere. "I just can't... Ugh. Why is this so confusing and hard." I added on. Zayn's eyes turned even more softer if it was possible. He leaned in slowly and my eyes fluttered closed. I felt the electricity of his lips again. I felt those butterflies in the pit of my stomach again. God how I had missed his lips. Those soft but rough lips. We pulled away and my eyes opened. "Madi, you have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that again." He lightly chuckled. I gave him a war, smile. "Do you want to go out tonight? It's only uhh... 8:30pm." He asked. "Ok, let's just go home so I can go and get ready." I said. "Umm... I don't think you should wear anything else. I don't know if I would be able to control my self." Zayn said taking his bottom lip in between his teeth. I laughed and we left home before we went home.