Chapter 13

SONG: Broken Hearted Girl - Beyoncé

We stood up from our chairs and Zayn had glossy eyes. Unlike Zayn, I can't hold my tears back. I just let them fall freely. I cradled Aiden in my arms as if it was for dear life. "He's going to be ok Madi. Don't stress. They didn't clarify that he has it. They are just checking, baby." Zayn cooed wiping my tears off my cheeks. "I know but he doesn't deserve it. He is only 5 weeks old." I sniffed. He slung his arm around my waist and squeezed me. I walked into the cancer ward and walked to the receptionest. "Hi how can I help you?" She asked with a warm smile. "Um... Doctor Jeremeigh sent me here to get my son tested." I said my voice wobbling at parts. Her eyes turned softer and she gave me a weak smile. "Yes ok. Just take a seat, love. I really wish you and your family good luck." She spoke looking towards Zayn and Acacia playing around. "Thanks." I sniffed, padding back to my family. It sound's nice to say that. I sat down in the seat next to Zayn and layed Aiden on my lap with my arm supporting his head. My other arm was resting on the arm of the chair holding my head up. The worst thoughts came into my mind. "Next!" The doctor called, snapping me out of my horrible thoughts. I stood up with my son in my arms and walked over to the doctor with Zayn hot on my heels. "Right this way." The doctor said walking into a room. I sat down in the chair and Zayn sat on the one besides me with Acacia on his lap. "So how can I help you today?" The doctor asked. "W-well my son, Aiden, has a high temperature and a rash on the back of his legs. Th-the d-doctor sent us over here t-to get him tested." I stuttered. "Ok then. How old is Aiden?" He asked. "5 weeks." I replied. "Ok. Can you please place him in here?" He asked patting a little bed which came up to my cleavage. He connected his stethoscope to his ears and placed the end of it onto Aidens bare chest. He continued putting the stethoscope around his front and back. He then stuck a small needle in Aidens arm and I saw the blood filling it up. I didn't like the idea of a needle being in my 5 week old baby but I will do anything to make sure he doesn't have cancer. Zayn took my hand in his and his other arm was around Acacia. The doctor put the blood sample into a small tube and and put it in this weird thing with a door. "Ok so we are going to have to keep the sample for a couple of days until we can tell you the results.. Can I please have your name and phone number?" He asked. "Sure. My name is Madison Jensine and the fathers name is Zayn Malik. My number is, 00441232566540 and Zayn's is 00443672828925." "Thanks. I will call you when we have the results."

We walked out and I strapped Aiden and Acacia into their big car seats. I walked sadly over to the passenger side door and climbed in. "Babe, cheer up. Lets go get some ice cream!" Zayn cheered with Acacia cheering in the back. "ICE CREAM!" She shouted. "Baby. Can you please be a little bit more quieter? Your baby brother needs his sleep. "Yes mummy. Sorry." She said looking down at her lap. "Baby don't be sad. You didn't know." I said leaning over and patting her knee. "I love you baby." I said to her. "I love you to mummy." She smiled. I pecked her nose and sat back into my seat, puling my seat belt over me. 

When we got to the ice cream palor, I had to run in with Acacia's hand dragging me in. Zayn had Aiden and he was walking in laughing with Aiden in his arms, while Aiden's head layed on Zayn's Shoulder. "Mummy!! Can I get a rainbow ice cream?" She giggled. "Sure baby. Hi can I please have a rainbow ice cream with sprinkles and can I also have a... double choc mint ice cream?" I asked. "Sure. Is that all for today?" She asked snobbily. "Zayn do you want an ice cream?" I asked. He shook his head saying no. "That's $8.55." She said. Wow expensive much. I handed her the money and she gave us our ice creams.

We left to go home since it was now 7 pm and Aiden was peacfully asleep. "Baby go put your jim jams on. It's nearly bed time." I told her. "Ok mummy." She replied skipping upstairs. I walked up into Acacia's room to find her in her pyjama's sleeping next to her doll house. Thats when I saw them. "Z-Zayn!" I screamed. He came flying up panting at the door. "Yes Madison." He asked, looking relieved that I wasn't hurt. "L-look..." I said pointing to Acacia's wrist. "W-what the fuck?" He said his eyes turning cold. "You. You did this. You did cut infront of her didn't you." He said. "No i didn't Zayn. I did cut but not infront of Acacia. Never and I mean Never would I ever cut infront of my children let alone anyone." I sniffed. His eyes went soft again. "Sorry for accusing you baby." He said kissing my nose. I just looked down at my shoes and walked off towards our bedroom. I slipped into one of Zayn's shirts and hopped into bed. I was about half asleep by the time I felt the bed dip and a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist. "I love you baby. I really hope you know that. You are my everything aswell as the kids. I don't know what I would do without you." He whisper-mumbled into my ear. I just stayed silent. "Night babe." He said kissing my neck.

I almost automatically tilted my head the oppisite was giving him more access. "I thought... you.... were... asleep." He said inbetween kisses. I tried to speak but I couldn't trust my voice. My voice finally found itself but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak a throaty moan was released. "Babe. Please relax." Zayn said, stopping kissing me and pulling my body closer to his. "I'm just so scared." I said. "I know. Just get a goodnights rest." I turned my head to look at him behind me and he kissed my lips. "Night baby." He said sweetly and I fell asleep. 

I woke up from my phone ringing. I reached onto the night stand and looked at the phone. Private number. "Hello?" I said still half asleep. "Hi this is the Cancer ward at Royal London Hospital. I just called to inform you that Dr Vandenmozel need's you to come into the hospital today for some news. Please come in at 1:30. Thank you and good luck." She said, hanging up not letting me reply. Ok then. I looked at the time on my phone and it was 12:45pm. I looked to my right and Zayn wasn't there. I walked into the ensuite and had a quick shower and changed into so plain black leggings and an oversized yellow knitted sweater. I put on my TOMS and walked out pulling my hair into a messy bun. "Good afternoon sleeping beauty." Zayn said, with his back to me. "Hi." I said sitting down at the table bringing out my makeup bag and the little mirror. Zayn turned around and his jaw dropped. "You look... sexy in those clothes..." Zayn said rocking Aiden in his arms. "Haha thankyou? Anyways we need to leave for the hospital in 10 minutes." I said. "Oh ok... Um... I'll go get Acacia ready." Zayn said smiling slightly. 

We arrived at the hospital and it wasn't that busy. We walked into the Cancer Ward and the doctor was waiting for us in the waiting room. "Ah there you are. Please follow me." He said gesturing down the hall. I gave him a slight nod and walked down the hall. I sat down in the seat I did yesterday and bounced Acacia who was sitting on my lap. "Aiden has Leukemia. I am really sorry and um he probably won't live past 2 years of age. His body is too young to mend itself. I am very sorry." The doctor said with sypthetic eyes not even trying to smile. "W-what." I heard Zayn from next to me. A tasted a salty substance and realised I was crying. "I-is there a ch-chance he can l-l-live?" I stuttered. "There is a chance but there is only a 8% chance he will live." The doctor replied. Acacia was still giddy, oblivious to what leukemia is. "Th-thankyou doctor." I said. "No worries. Please go to the chemist and buy all these medicines. I really hope the best for you." He says. I just nod, not being able to use my voice.

When we arrive home all the boys are there aswell as Grace and Ella. I immeadietly fall to the ground in crying. Louis and Niall come running to me while Liam and Harry are comforting the crying Zayn. Acacia and Aiden are with Ella and Grace. I just sit there with Lou and Ni either side of me. "What's wrong? It must be bad because Zayn is crying aswell." Lou said. "Ai-Aiden has L-Leukemia." I said bursting out into sobs again. "Oh my god. Oh my god!" Ni said looking over me towards Louis. They both hugged me and it sort of cheered me up but not much at all. "I just can't believe it." I sobbed. "Well he will live. We know it." Lou said. "Yeah I really hope so. The doctor said he only has an 8% chance of living." I exclaimed. "WHAT!" Niall screamed. I just nodded and hid myself into Niall's chest while Louis hugged me from behind. "I really hope everything will be ok." I heard Harry say towards Zayn but looking at me with sypthetic eyes. "I really love you guys." I said to both of my best friends who sat next to me. "We love you too." They replied simultaneously. 

OH MY GOD! Aiden has Leukemia lets get a hashtag started. I don't even know why. #prayforaiden. Anyways Thank you for 1K reads!!!!!! My story only started a little over a month ago! Anyways. Love you all so much! I really do. Please Vote, Comment and maybe even fan but until my next update. Byeeeeeeeee

- Meg xxx