93 | W H I T E

•••
all we have to decide is
what to do
with the time that is given
to us.
•••

"Bloody hell!", Lynnea shrieked. She had opened her eyes, and there, merely inches apart of her own face, she was greeted by some caramel brown eyes, a freckly nose and a mischievous smirk. He had tilted his head and behind his flaming red hair Lynnea was blinded by a bright white light.

"Fred!" Her heart started beating faster. How was that possible? "You are dead! How can you - oh, I forgot." It slowly dawned on her. Lynnea was also dead.

"You are not." He still smirked at her, and helped her up from the ground. She scanned her surroundings. It was shining bright white, but she could see the silhouettes of the mountain tops and trees around us.

"Where are we? And what do you mean you're not? Harry killed me."

"I don't know, love, this is your place. But if you ask me, it is what you have been looking at all of the times the two of us spent by the lake."

"Ah, I see", Lynnea muttered. She'd always wondered, what it would be like on top of one of the mountains surrounding Hogwarts.

"To your next question: it is that simple", Fred said, grinning. "It was not you who Harry had killed, love. He just killed that piece of You-Know-Who's crippled soul. So you can simply go back."

"Are you serious?"

"Ah, I guess this would be me."

She twirled around, stunned immediately by the appearance of the four people standing their in a row, smiling warmingly at her. There was Sirius, a wide grin on his face, next to Remus, who wore a proud expression. But Lynnea's eyes flickered to the two people between hers and Harry's godfathers. The two people she for fifteen years had no clue they'd even exist. He was a tall man, very similar to Harry, his face brightened up by a huge smile, while she was standing next to him, their hands clutched, her red curls framing the face, that was almost identical to mine. Her green eyes were sparkling at her daughter.

"Mum?", Lynnea whispered. "Dad?"

They nodded, and a lonely tear fell from her mother's eyes.

"Can someone please explain this to me?", Lynnea breathed, utterly stunned by what was happening right now.

"It's like Fred said", Remus replied, smiling. "Just the Horcrux in you died. Therefore it was so important, that it is Harry killing you."

"But - why? I don't understand?" She felt Fred's hand on her shoulder and shivered. Not even an hour ago she'd been kneeling over his corpse, slamming her fist onto his motionless chest ...

"Dear, when Harry shot that spell at you, it wasn't really Harry. He would have never been able to use this curse, and most important not to kill his sister. It was the Horcrux acting. The part of Voldemorts soul", James Potter said. "And instead of killing your soul, which was the stronger one living in your body, it killed the Horcrux in you, the easier target."

"That's completely nuts!", Lynnea yelled, and Fred laughed.

"When had Dumbledore's plans ever not been entirely bonkers?", he replied, chuckling.

"Wait a second! So when Harry's now going to sacrifice himself, he -"

"- also will not die, yes", Lily said. She came closer to Lynnea, stroking her daughters cheek with surprisingly warm fingertips, and her hand stayed there resting, as she told her. "I'm so proud of you. Both of you. We all are." And the three men nodded in agreement. "This life wasn't fair to you and your brother."

"I don't want to go back", Lynnea said, tears filling my eyes. "I want to stay here with you. And you", she added, turning around to face Fred, who was wearing a sad smile now and shaking his head.

"You will go back, love", he whispered. "There's someone you have to live for." His hand rested on Lynnea's belly now, which was no longer hidden, but showing the obvious sign of the two unborn lives growing right under her still beating heart.

"But how can I - I can't do this without you!"

"Don't be stupid, Lynnie", Fred replied, laughing. "The girl, walking into the Forbidden Forest to sacrifice herself for the saving of the Wizarding World shall be unable to raise two kids without a man?"

"It's not just that! I can't go on without you. I can't deal with that."

"Honey, nothing is ever as it seems", Remus replied.

"What is that about now?", Lynnea groaned.

"I guess, you have to go back to find out", Sirius winked at her.

"Also you can't do this to your brother", her dad spoke. "Let him live, knowing he murdered his sister? That would be hard, don't you think?"

"So he's going back?"

"He already is", Sirius said. "The battle is going on, the snake is dead, and Voldemort can be defeated now."

Lynnea's eyes widened. She stared at Fred and he was smiling embracingly down at her. "Go back", he said. "You have to. And I promise you, we'll meet again."

"Last time you promised something, you broke it awfully", she muttered.

"Did I? I told you to meet you, when it is over. It isn't over yet, love." He smirked now and she looked at him confused.

And suddenly the mountain tops seemed to fade, the bright white was swallowing everything around her, the rocks, the trees, and slowly her loved ones were turning into light. She saw Fred still smirking, when the light gulped him, and he was gone. Lynnea felt completely lost here in the middle of nowhere, of nothing, but yet a warm feeling filled her chest, and as she looked down on her, she found herself glowing. First it was a small spark, but the white light seemed to fill her, it was in her, shining from inside out. And she felt no fear, as she began to vanish in it, until everything was nothing but white.