48 | B U R R O W

••• 
mocked by man to depths of shame;
little girl with life ahead.
•••

  "Is it just me or was that kinda strange?", Ron asked, while Harry stared after his sister hurrying out of the library.

   Ginny quickly jumped up.

   "What are you doing?", Harry asked, as she turned around to leave.

   "I fear she's in trouble", Ginny called over her shoulder, hastening after Lynnea.

   "What?" He and Ron were on their feet in the blink of an eye, harshly shoving their chairs aside. "What on earth are you talking about?", Harry asked, as he caught up with Ginny.

   "Don't freak out, okay?", she replied, slightly panting, while her steps got faster. "She's kinda dating Zabini. Well, by dating I mean -"

   "Yeah, leave out the details, okay?", Ron snapped.

   "She didn't fell of her broom. Or down the stairs. Or whatever story she came up with."

   "Never believed it anyway", Harry said, now almost running to keep up with Ginny.

   "He's an abusive wanker, that guy, beating her up whenever he gets jealous", Ginny explained, and Harry clenched his fists. He had feared something like that the whole time, but even though he tried to find out who was hurting his sister like that, he never found out, and Lynnea came up with the most ridiculous excuses for her miserable condition. "I'm sorry, Harry, I had to promise her not to tell you and Fred. She told me she could handle it, that she'll end it soon, but it's been months now, I think she - she can't -"

   "Don't you think that this was a promise you should have broken?", Harry growled, flinching as he heard a quiet whimpering and a door bang shut.

   "I know, I - Zabini saw what Ron did", Ginny said, starting to run. "We need to find her, I don't know what he'll do to her ..."

   "... I told you, you're mine", a muffled yell and a crash echoed down the corridor. "Haven't I made this clear, Bailey? I thought you got it last time!"

   "N-No, please, he was just joking, it was nothing, it -" The shaking voice of Harry's sister was cut off. They were almost there, as another loud crashing noise was heared.

   "So let me teach you one last time -" Harry kicked the door to an empty classroom open and Zabini's words kept hanging in the air, as he turned around, still bowed over Lynnea's body, who was lying on the table, his hand wrapped around her throat, pressing her down, his other fist clenched and raised.

   "REDUCTIO!", Ginny screamed, and the tall black boy was blown away from Harry's sister. He crushed against the wall, sliding down unconscious.

   Harry hurried to Lynnea, helping her get up. "Are you alright?"

   "I am, it's nothi-"

   "Don't you dare say it's nothing!", Ginny bursted out yelling. "He could have killed you!"

   "He wouldn't, he -"

   "This has to stop, Lynnea!", Ginny barked, her eyes merely slits. "You will ditch this bastard, you won't let him touch you ever again!"

   "Let's leave here first, if he wakes up, he'll probably kill me instantly", Lynnea said with hanging head, refusing to look at the Slytherin.

   "Oh, believe me, he'll be dead before lifting his head from the ground", Harry growled.

   "You won't be around in my common room, though", she muttered.

   Harry opened his mouth, but Ginny was faster. "You'll sleep in my dorm tonight, and by tomorrow we'll be gone home, then we have two weeks to fix this mess", she said. "Even though I don't see why you don't just kick his ass."

   "I'm not allowed to sleep in your dorm."

   "Yeah, and since when do we care?"

•••

  "She'll take me back, will she?", Fred asked my twin, terribly nervous, his eyes not leaving the door.

   "If I was her, I wouldn't", George replied. "But I guess she will. Just don't mess it up again, you git."

   He was waiting for her to arrive at the Burrow. Lynnea. Fred had realised, that he had been the greatest fool on earth. Instead of making it better, he just made it much worse.

   Remus was eyeing him out of the corner of his eyes. Fred guessed Remus still didn't trust him. But as he finally heard steps in the yard, he couldn't care less what anyone was thinking, he was just looking forward in seeing her beautiful face again. Finally the door opened.

   "Holy shit!", George mumbled, while Fred himself was unable to say anything at all. Ginny hadn't made false promises. Lynn looked horrible. She was black and blue, full of red marks and scratches, she'd become frightening skinny and seemed to burst into tears with any second.

   "Lynnea!", Remus yelled. "What the hell has happened to you?"

   "Some bloke tried to kill her", Ginny said and Lynn shot her a death glare. "What? Did you intend to tell them that stupid lie, that you'd have fallen off your broom, too? Nobody believes that crap, Lynn."

   "Who - what - what did you mean? Who tried to - what?" Remus was dazzled and fighting for words. He rushed over to her, examining her face. She twitched under his touch and Fred felt hatred boil under my skin.

   George closed her into a tight embrace, but Fred could do nothing but stand and stare at her, and her eyes lay on him, her expression was emotionless, and he felt his heart breaking.

   "Lynnea, dear, come with me, I'll fix this", Mum whispered and Lynn finally looked away, following Fred's mother into the kitchen.

   "Who was it?", he asked, as he found his voice.

   "Oh, don't act, like you care", Ginny snapped. "None of this would have happened, if you hadn't left her!"

   "Do you think I don't know this?", Fred muttered, all eyes on him now. "I hadn't seen that coming, okay? I just wanted to prevent that what happened last summer would repeat. I didn't want the Death Eaters to use me again to blackmail or kidnap her. She was about to die for me, for Merlin's sake! I couldn't deal with that!"

   "That's completely nuts", Ginny said, shaking her head.

   "You know, if she'd been told, you're in trouble, she would have been up to save you in the blink of an eye?", Remus said calmly.

   "I thought, if she'd hate me -" Fred's voice crumbled.

   "You're a dumbfuck, Fred!", Ginny said, rolling her eyes. "You've two weeks to fix it!"

   "And don't dare to hurt her again", Harry said, looking at him out of narrowed eyes. Fred nodded, turning around and heading upstairs to his room.