53 | R E A S O N

•••
don't paint me black
when I used to be golden.
•••

   "Harry!", Lynnea yelled down the hallway, trying to catch up with her brother. Shr couldn't get the idea out of her mind that Harry was hiding something from her. Something about the prophecy. But Harry walked on with the crowd, Lynnea shoved people aside, mumbling excuses, calling his name further on. "God damnit, Potter! Would you please wait for me?", she panted, as she finally reached him and Ron.

   "Lynn! Sorry, didn't notice you", Harry said. "Are you alright? Is everything fine? Trouble with Zabini?"

   "Everything's okay", she said. "I managed to hide from him successfully until now. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you for." He threw her a questioning look. "I -" She glared at Ron. "I would prefer to talk to you in private ..."

   Ron raised an eyebrow, but then shrugged and walked down the hallway. Harry brought Lynnea to the Room of Requirement, where nobody could overhear them. It looked much different to last year, it was full with stuff - old books, brooms, hats, ...

   "So what's up?", Harry asked, leaning against an old cupboard.

   "I wanted to talk with you about - about the prophecy", she said, looking straight into his face. "I had a talk with Remus yet, but I know he isn't involved in that stuff as deep as you are, but he had the guess, I had been mentioned in the prophecy. And the only ones I know, who had listened to that prophecy, are Dumbledore and you."

   Lynnea could see Harry was getting uncomfortable. So maybe she was right, maybe he was really hiding something.

   "I'm not allowed to talk to anybody else but Ron and Hermione about this", he muttered without looking at her.

   "I don't care", Lynnea said. "Dumbledore's not giving a shit about me, I know that, but I have the right to know about this stuff, too. You're my brother! I want to know, what's going on!" Her voice became furious. She couldn't see, why Dumbledore would leave her out of all of this, while everyone she loved was so deeply involved; and Lynnea myself was also, even if she didn't even know in what exactly.

   "Lynn, I don't want you to worry, it's just a stupid prophecy", Harry said.

   "As there's a stupid prophecy, that could kill you in the end", she replied and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "You asked me months ago to not lock you out, now I'm begging you for the same."

   He stared at her, Lynnea could see the battle behind his green eyes. Finally he sighed, saying: "Fine."

   "Okay, it's true, the prophecy isn't just about me", said Harry and rubbed his neck. "First you have to know, there's a bit more behind that whole Chosen One thing. It's saying no one can live while the other one survives. So I have to finally kill Voldemort. Or the other way round."

   "So finally you have to face him", Lynnea said in a low voice. She shivered. This was one of the many scenarios she didn't want to imagine.

   "Yeah, but that's the part of the prophecy, Voldemort does not know about. But what he knows is the part about you." He made a pause, his eyes fixing her. "Well, Dumbledore's his reasons to keep you out of all this. It's said you'll be the one to define the end."

   "What do you mean?", she asked sharply.

   "That's the reason, he didn't kill you at all", he said. "He probably wanted to take you with him, so if after he'd have killed me, you'd be his weapon against his final opponent - who he didn't think would be me back then."

   "That's - well", she ran out of words. But she felt relieved. So maybe Remus was right; he would have had taken her as a baby to train her, drill her ... "But now the prophecy ... I mean, he didn't take me with him, it was the Order, who influenced my growing up. So does that mean the battle is already decided? Because I'm definitely not going to kill you."

   "That's why I've lessons with Dumbledore", Harry said. "We try to find out, what all of this means and how to destroy him."

   They sat there for a while in silence, Harry leaned against the old cupboard, Lynnea herself against a mannequin with a tiara on its head.

   "Have you ever wondered, how life would have been, if they were still alive?", she asked after a while, what was running through her mind.

   "Way too often", he replied.

   "Maybe we could have been like Fred and George", she chuckled. "That would have been wonderful. I hate how we act like strangers almost all the time. You're my twin and we don't talk for weeks, even though we have common classes every day ..."

   "Being sorted in two different houses fucks it up", Harry sighed. "I still don't see you as a Slytherin. I don't think a Slytherin would have dropped his wand for anyone."

   Lynnea laughed. "Yeah, that was one of my Gryffindor moments. But really, I don't know where I belong. Maybe I don't belong anywhere."

   "We should do that more often", Harry said. "Meet up, I mean. Who knows how long we're still able to do so?" 

   "Don't say such things", she whispered. "I love living in the illusion, that it'll soon be over and we're all enjoying Mrs. Weasley's fabulous meals at the Burrow."

   "Maybe we will", Harry said and got back on his feet. He stretched out his hand and as she took it, he pulled her up. "But what else can we do than wait and do our best to get ready for what's coming at us?"