34 | V E I L

•••
"if only"
-
those must be the saddest
words in the world.
•••

   Lynnea threw a look at her brother, seeing the battle he's fighting inside his head. His hand clasped thought around the prophecy, he was panting looking from Death Eater to Death Eater, face full of despair.

   "I give it to you - if you let my friends and Lynnea go", he said, holding thightening his grip around the prophecy. But the Death Eaters just laughed.

   "I've a better guess", Bellatrix now said cheerfully. "You give us the prophecy, or you'll watch your precious sister die." She raised her wand, it pointed straight to Lynnea's heart. But all the girl did was laughing.

   "She won't kill me", she plainly said. "Voldemort wants me alive. She won't dare to blow my lights out."

    Bellatrix face grew into a grimace. Out of narrowed eyes she glared at Lynnea, before her lips formed a devilish grin. "You're right, Potter, I won't kill you", she hissed. "But that doesn't mean I have to be kind with you. I could torture you to the edge of madness, you know. I'd prefer it that way, to be honest. So tell your brother to hand over the prophecy or you'll know the true meaning of pain."

Harry gazed at Lynnea, but her eyes remained on Bellatrix. "Harry, whatever she does to me, you won't give the prophecy to her", she whispered. The next thing she felt, was pain, as Bellatrix whipped her wand. Hot, sharp pain, as if every inch of her skin was cut open, as if her insides were on fire; her eyes threatened to burn in their holes and all Lynnea could do was scream, scream so loud that she feared her throat would rip open. And all of a sudden it was over. She lay on the floor, her muscles still spasming. Harry looked down at her in horror.

   "That was cute", Bellatrix chuckled. "Hadn't have so much fun for a long time. So, little Harry, will you give us the prophecy now?"

   Lynnea watched Harry hesitate. He looked at his sister and she shook her head slightly, but his eyes reflected, that he wouldn't stand seeing her like this another time, then he would give in.

   "Don't ..", Lynnea whispered, her throat sore. "Just remember she won't kill me."

   "Crucio!", Bellatrix screamed and Lynnea was set on fire the second time, jerking, screaming, begging for it to end ... Maybe the pain just would kill her. She hoped so hard for falling unconscious ...

   "Stop it!", Harry roared, but it didn't stop. Through the misty veil of pain Lynnea  saw her brother moving, stretching out the prophecy in front of himself. She wanted to yell at him, tell him to stop, but all she could do was scream on, until her lungs would give up -

   And yet it was over. She closed her eyes, tried to calm her body down. Her heart raced, she could hear the blood rush in her ears. But suddenly she heard spells flying through the room, people yelling, bangs and cracks, and felt Harry's hand on her face, so she opened her eyes, looking in his caring face.

   "Are you okay?", he breathed.

   "Never been better", she croaked and let her eyes scan what was now happening around them. Her lips parted and Harry pulled Lynnea up, shielding both of them from a spell, that was shot in their direction and with that they were in middle of a fight.

   Remus, Sirius, Tonks, Moody und Kingsley Shaklebolt were now raining spells down upon the Death Eaters as they jumped from step to step towards the sunken floor.

   "Are the both of you okay?" Sirius had made his way to Harry and Lynnea. She nodded, as Harry yelled "Protego!" the second time and saved them from a curse.