07 | T R Y O U T S

•••
don't trip or crawl; stay standing tall.
don't slip; you'll fall and lose it all.
•••

   "Lynnea, Lynnea, I'm really impressed."

   "Who would have thought little dollface here would make it to dentention in her first week at Hogwarts?"

   Fred Weasley appeared on each side of her, as she was on her way down to the Quidditch pitch. She rolled her eyes and tried to ignore them, but of course they didn't care the slightest. Both flinging her arms around Lynnea's shoulder, so she abruptly stopped and ducked away.

   "What do you want?", she groaned.

   "Long time no talk", Fred said, his usual mischievous smirk on his lips. "Thought we could have some fun together, as you turned out to be one of us."

   "I'm a snake. Forgotten about that?", she hissed and started walking further. "And even if I would be one of you kittens, I would be far from being one of you two poor souls."

   "Ouch, that hurts", Fred sighed.

   "So what are you up to?", George asked. "Watching your cunning friends try out for Quidditch?"

   "It's none of your business", Lynnea said, fastening her steps, so they couldn't see her bkush. "But I'm giving myself a try."

   The boys immediately stopped, staring at each other, before they called in unison: "You?!"

   "They don't let girls join their team", Fred said, raising an eyebrow. "It's Slytherin tradition."

   "Yeah, well, we'll see."

   "You're a curious little snake", George laughed.

   "Talking about curious", Lynnea said, threwing a glare at George. "How do I deserve this honour of you talking to me again?"

   "Fred persuaded me, that it's much more fun pranking a snake than avoiding her", he said and shrugged, as if the last weeks of ignorance never had happened.

   Again Lynnea rolled her eyes, before she replied in a sarcastic murmur: "Oh, I must be the happiest snake of them all, huh?"

   Their ways parted at the stands, were the twins climbed up and Lynnea went further on the green lawn, where already a bunch of people crowded together. To Lynnea's displeasure one of them was Malfoy, and another one Aiden.

   "Lynnea!", Aiden called at her, the corners of his mouth twitching. "So you're trying?"

   "Obviously", was her icy answer. "So do you?"

   "Not exactly", he chuckled.

   "So what are you doing here?", she asked, but he didn't reply, he just went on laughing silently. Anger started building inside Lynnea's chest. "Oh, so no reply again, huh? Well, it's not like I'm not already used to it." His smile dropped and he cocked an eyebrow, before he as easy as that just walked away, placing himself next to Malfoy and two other guys in front of the crowd.

   "Would you all please shut up now and listen to me?", he yelled and the people around all of a sudden fell silent, and Lynnea's stomach fell, too. Great! When Aiden was the captain of this team, she as well could leave right now. "We're looking for a Chaser and two Beaters. If you're here to try out for anything else, you can leave now." Indeed a couple of boys headed away, placing themselves up at the stands. "Fine. We'll first check out the Beaters."

   The new beaters were chosen as Malfoy's two gorilla like friends, who didn't have that much talent, but indeed their frightening looks made up to their lack of skills. Then it was about finding a new Chaser. They were paired up in teams of three each, and as Lynnea saw the two fools she had to play with, she knew she had lost. This foreseeing just became true the second they sat down on their brooms and rose into the air. One of them wasn't even able to sit on his broom properly, the other one couldn't manage to catch the Quaffle at all. Leah shot some goals, before she highly frustrated joined Fred and George at the stands.

   "Don't say anything at all, I know this was awful", she hissed at them the moment she arrived next to the twins.

   "Awful?", George echoed. "You were amazing!"

   "We can just hope that O'Riley didn't have noticed that, else it could be a tiny bit harder for us to defeat you guys", Fred said and winked at her, causing a blush to creep up her cheeks. "But of course we would although win, because the rest of the team still sucks."

   "At least there's still Malfoy as the Seeker", George added, wearing a disgusted grimace.

   "Ah, so he's Seeker, yeah?", Lynnea muttered. "I already wondered, what he's been doing there."

   "He's a fool."

   "Wouldn't even be able to catch the Snitch if it would have the size of a Quaffle and scream here I am, just take me all over the place", Fred explained, rolling his eyes.

   "Oi! Bailey!" Aiden's voice made her close her mouth and turn around to him, who was floating midair on his broom several meters away from her. "You're in!"

   "What?!", she wanted to yell, but it was Malfoy who screamed all over the place. "You can't let her in the team, she's a girl! It's tradition -"

    "Tradition can be changed", Aiden cut him off. "She was the best here, far and beyond. I am the captain, I make the decisions." He turned back to Lynnea. "Practice is on Saturday, six o'clock. Don't be late, Bailey!" And with that he landed on the ground and walked to the changing rooms, where he vanished.

   Lynnea slowly turned to Fred and George, her widened eyes just as big and round as the twins' ones.

   "Has he just - ?" She didn't find the words. The unfinished question kept hanging in the air, while Lynnea tried to get the situation straight.

   "He has!", Fred and George replied, pure admiration in their voices, while they remained bug-eyed.

   It was Fred's face, which was the first to turn back to the mischievous grin. "Well, you're one hell of a girl, aren't you, Bailey?", he asked, his beautiful chocolate brown eyes glimming. She could see some green sparks in the depths of his dark iris, almost getting lost in them. And Lynnea turned completely pink, hating herself for not having her face color under control, and warning herself to never call anything on Fred Weasley's body beautiful ever again. She didn't care for Fred Weasley's eyes. She didn't care for Fred Weasley at all.