69 | S H I V E R S

•••
dreams are bad when all they do
is leave the truth behind.
•••

   "I can't believe, you're the next", Ginny babbled, while she and Lynnea were getting dressed for the wedding. "This is creepy as fuck."

   "You don't say", Lynnea mumbled.

   "But I will kill you, if I have to wear shit like this at your wedding, I swear", she muttered, her face wearing an angry grimace, while she was pulling at her golden dress, that was matching awfully horrible with her dark red hair.

   "We have to survive a war first at all", Lynnea replied with a stern look. "I won't get married, before this is over and I knew everyone of us is safe."

   "I guess Fred has other plans", Ginny said. "He said, if he'd die, he wants to leave the world as your husband. Slightly overdramatic, if you ask me."

   "Well, I definitely won't marry him, before Harry would have done, what he's up to do. I guess, that's nothing he's ready with til Christmas."

   "Gosh, that's so unfair!", Ginny cried out, as she looked at her friend. "I look like a fucking bleeding gold teeth and you look stunning as hell! I hate you, Potter!"

   Lynnea laughed out loud. "You love me, don't try to lie to yourself", she chuckled. "So you think it's not too much?" She bit her lower lip.

   "Nonsense", Ginny growled like an angry cat. "It's perfect."

   Lynnea's dress was reaching down her knees, floating loose around her legs, while the top was fitting tight around her body, the back was low cut, and it was a deep dark turquoise color. She let Ginny do my hair up, like she did on her birthday.

   "Well, I have to go downstairs and help mum with the guests", Ginny said and rolled her eyes. "Stay up here, I wanna have a nice view at  Fred's face, when he sees you in this dress. I'd prefer to stay up here, so Harry'd never see me in mine, but some things are just impossible to refuse, aren't they?"

   "Ginny, you look gorgeous, even in this horrible thing you like to call a dress", Lynnea said and winked.

   "You know how to make me feel better, huh?", Ginny hissed through gritted teeth and banged the door, as she left.

   Lynnea was staring in the mirror. The bandage was still placed on her throat. She had thought about putting it off, she even tried in the morning, but what lies below was way more ugly than the white piece of cloth covering it. It was still burning numbly. And so did the scar on her neck since she woke up this morning. She tried to ignore it, but the later it got, the more it was puckering.

   It was still more than two hours until the wedding. Tiredly she sat down at the desk in her room and laid her head on the cold table plate, closing my eyes.

   Again she was at the Forbidden Forest, stumbling through the woods. Her wand lowered, her eyes fixed on the darkness in front of her.

   "It'll be easy, love. It won't hurt at all. I'll be with you, I'll be right here welcoming you."

   Fred's voice swayed through the night like a warming fire. Lynnea had no clue, where she was going, but how bad could it be, if Fred was with her?

   Again Harry appeared out of the shadows, again raising his wand against his sister, as she threw her own away, spreading her arms, as she was about to close him in a hug. But instead a green light flashed through the darkness, buzzing loudly in the silence of the forest -

   "Wake up, Lynn!" Smack.

   Lynnea was slapped right across the face and her eyes shot open, locking with Harry's. She jerked backwards, as as saw him, falling from the chair and hitting the floor. He watched her puzzled, as she stared at him wide-eyed.

   "Are you alright?", he asked, his hand stretched out and Lynnea slowly nodded, as she grabbed it, letting him pull her up.

   "I just - seems like I fell asleep", she muttered. "Had a weird dream, that's all." But the thought of Harry raising his wand against her still waved cold shivers down her spine.

   "Yeah, I heard you call my name", Harry said, raising an eyebrow. "Was it about me?"

   "Kind of ...", she mumbled, not able to look at him. "Is it time to go downstairs yet?" She just didn't want to talk about it right now, so she was more than glad, when Ginny re-entered the room.

   "It is", she said, still looking very pissed about her dress, but Harry stared at her, as if she was the most beautiful human being wandering on this earth. She shyly smiled at him, before she grabbed Lynnea's arm, pulling Harry's sister with her. "Fred's waiting outside with George and Charlie", she said, smirking. Harry took the stairs up to Ron's room, Ginny and Lynnea went downstairs.

   They stepped in the garden and Lynnea could see the three readheads from far. They were hexing some flowers for Fleur's Veela cousins, and she couldn't help but narrow her eyes.

   "Unbelievable!", Ginny yelled, as they came closer and the heads of the boys and girls snapped around to them.

   "Holy shoot", Charlie mumbled, as his mouth fell agape, when his eyes landed on Lynnea.

   Fred's eyes widened, his lips slightly parted and she could feel a blush creep up her skin, while George was grinning at her from behind his brothers' backs, giving Lynnea a thumb up.

   "You're so lucky I wasn't at Hogwarts with you guys, Freddieboy", Charlie chuckled, when Ginny and Lynnea reached them. The Veela girls frowned and went into the great tent. "She'd have been definitely mine, I swear on Merlin's grave!" Her face turned even more crimson, but Fred put an arm around his girl, pulling her closer.

   "Well, you have to step over my dead body to get her, Charles", he said and winked at his brother. "But still then I'd have to ghost-kick you in the nuts."

   "Can we please not talk about my fiance dying?", Lynnea said in a low voice, feeling uncomfortable. "It's not what a future bride wants to hear, is it?"

   Fred put his lips on hers, and the cold feeling their words had left on her seemed to melt away. She stared up into his eyes as they pulled apart, knowing that this will be her most favourite view for the rest of her life.