83 | H I D D E N

•••
I got the feeling
we're going places.
           hold on.
•••

   "What if something went wrong?", Lynnea muttered, not keeping her eyes off of the kitchen window. "What if they couldn't escape?"

   Harry, Ron and Hermione didn't arrive at the Burrow. Lynnea was here for two hours now and there was still no sign of the three of them.

   "They are for sure alright", Remus said. "House elves have a strong kind of magic. I'm sure he got them out of there."

   "But why didn't they come here?"

   She stared at her godfather. They were sitting in the living room alone. Lynnea just needed to talk to Remus; maybe he'd know, what was wrong with her.

   "Because Harry wants you to go into hiding. He wants you to stay here."

   Lynnea jerked around.

   "Bill!", she called. "What are you doing here?"

   "Telling you, that everything's fine with Harry, Ron and Hermione", he said, smiling. "They're at Shell Cottage. But don't tell anyone."

   "Why didn't they come - wait, what? I won't go into hiding ...", she half-yelled, as Bills words had sunken in her brain.

   "You will", he said. "Hermione talked to me, she knows what's up."

   "She - what?" Lynnea felt her face heathen up.

   "Don't worry, she didn't tell anyone, except me", Bill told her. She could feel Remus' gaze on her. "But this isn't just about you anymore. Hermione's guessing you know that. And so do I. So you will go into hiding."

   Lynnea hesitated. Remus was still staring at her and she swallowed hard.

   "Fred wouldn't let you go, as soon, as he'd find out", Bill softly said.

   "Fine ...", she mumbled, looking down at her feet. "Well, I'll have a hot shower then. I haven't seen one in months. It will be amazing not to wash myself in that icy water of this tent." She got up, on her way to the stairs she looked back over her shoulder. "Tell Harry to be careful, Bill, would you?"

   "Of course." Bill nodded, and Lynnea walked up, heading into the bathroom, closing first the door, then her eyes. She wanted to ban the thought of everything out of her mind. Stepping under the hot shower, she begged for the water to wash away her sorrow. But of course that wouldn't last for long. A scorching pain shot through the scar on her neck, she was feeling anger and fuming hate, before everything went blending white, seconds before it got pitch black.

•••

   The fever didn't sink for days. Lynnea was laying in Fred's bed, eyes closed, pale face, sweat on her forehead, shivering. He watched her for a while, hoping she'd wake up, but she didn't. His mother was popping in every hour to check for her, seeming frustrated, as she had no clue what was wrong with her son's fiance. No one had.

   "Maybe it's her bite-scar", George said. "The bite of Greyback, I mean. Could that be, Remus?"

   "I don't think so, it's not full moon", Remus replied. "It's of course possible, that it hurts slightly, when it gets closer to full moon, but this here is not a typical reaction."

   "She's cooling down, finally", Mum said, returning to the kitchen, where they all were sitting, waiting. "I still have no idea what is wrong with her ..."

   But Fred, George and Remus were already on their feet. Stepping in the twins' old room, they saw her still laying in the bed, not awake yet, but moving, while her skin gained back it's natural colour.

   Fred had found her in the shower, the water had been running, but she lay on the ground, not moving. Her scream had made him startle, rushing into the bathroom.

   After a few more minutes she opened her eyes. Instead of being confused and asking questions, she groaned, muttering: "Not again ..."

   "Are you okay, love?", Fred asked, kneeling down next to the bed. She threw Fred a weak smile.

   "Yeah, I guess so. This has happened more then once during the last months", she said. "I guess it's got something to do with the scar."

   "Werewolf bites don't cause fever", Remus replied, sitting at the end of her bed, while George walked over to his own, letting himself fall onto it. "They can pucker a bit, maybe hurt during full moon. But they don't cause diseases. And we're far from full moon."

   "I don't mean the bite", she said. "I mean the one on my neck. This stupid rune."

   "The what?", Remus snapped and jumped up. Fred looked at her confused.

   "Oh yes, I forgot, I haven't told you yet", Lynn said, refusing eye contact with everyone of the men. "As I passed out last year - you remember? - I found that scar on my neck, when I awoke. I asked Hermione and she told me about this Ior-Rune, what my scar looks like, and she read it up, but didn't find anything, despite these two cursed men dying." Her eyes widened, the color vanished out of George's face and Remus face dropped, so she blurted: "But they died soon after, they were kind of possessed or stuff - I don't make it better, do I?"

   "Not a bit", Fred growled.

   "Let me see", Remus said. Lynn sat up and tucked her hair up, showing a thin line on her neck, crossed with an X. "Never seen something like that", Remus muttered. "Do you know where Hermione looked it up?"

   "No idea", Lynn replied. "Unfortunately we can't ask her."

   "Well, we can", Remus said. "I wanted to visit them anyways. When you were unconscious, Tonks got the baby. Little Teddy, named after Tonks father. Beautiful young boy, with a bunch of grass green hair, changing his eye colour every hour once or twice."

   Lynn's face lightened up, as she started beaming like the sun itself. "That's wonderful, congratulations, Remus!"

   "Thank you!", he smiled back. "I wanted to ask you and Harry to be his godparents. So if you like ..."

   "Of course!", she cheered. But suddenly her face got a stern look, her eyes flickered over to Fred, but immediately back to Remus. "Okay, I need to tell you something ... Remember when Bill was here?"

   "Of course", Remus answered slowly.

   "I ... well, there's a good reason, I stay here", she said, blushing. Fred hadn't seen that beautiful blush for so long ... Her voice snapped him back out of my dreams. "I would be far and away, if there would be ... certain ... circumstances ... that'd make me stay -"

   "Get to a point, lady", George chuckled, and she went completely crimson. Her lips moved, but there were no words coming out.

   Fred raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

   Now she looked me straight in the eyes. Her lips moved again, and now Fred understood very well, what she was saying. He felt the blood fall out of his head, for a second it felt like he was floating and falling, all at the same time. His jaw dropped, and after the world had stopped for a short moment, it was now turning way to fast ...