35 | D E F E A T E D

•••
it's getting dark;
too dark to see.
•••

   Lynnea got hit hard from the side and thrown off her feet. She landed on the floor and was immediately burried by the person that had tackled her to the ground. Her body was aching, but she couldn't care less.

   "No, get - get off me", she pressed out through gritted teeth, trying to struggle herself free, but it was pointless, her attacker was much stronger than her.

   "Lynnea, stop it", a familiar voice groaned, audibly exhausted by her permanent attempts to escape his grip. He managed to grab her wrists and pinned them to the floor. Looking up Lynnea's eyes caught the freckled nose and warm brown, now sorrowful eyes of Fred Weasley.

   "What are you doing here?", she gasped, but shook her head. Without waiting for an answer she again started squirming. "Let me go, I need to get to Sirius, I -"

   "Love, he's gone", Fred said calmly.

   "He isn't! He's in there, we need to get him out, maybe he's hurt, he -"

   "Lynnea, Sirius is dead ..."

   "No", she yelled. "No, you're lying!" Ignoring the knot in her chest, that was tightening and the stings in her eyes, Lynnea shook her head and tried to push Fred off of her.

   "Lynn, I'm sorry." She could barely hear him, her sight went blurry, as tears filled them. Defeated she stopped struggling against Fred, a sob escaped her throat.  "Come on", Fred muttered, sure now Lynnea won't do a stupidity, standing up and pulling her back on her feet. He pressed the girl against his chest, her tears soaking his sweater.

   There was a loud bang and a yell from behind the dais. Lynnea's head snapped around and she saw Kingsley hit the ground yelling in pain. Bellatrix Lestrange turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it; she was halfway up the steps now.

   "Harry - no!" cried Remus, but Harry had already ripped his arm from Remus' slackened grip.

   "SHE KILLED SIRIUS!", bellowed Harry. "SHE KILLED HIM - I'LL KILL HER!"

   And he was off.

   For a moment Lynnea watched him in shock, before she realised her brother was running into his own death. She wouldn't loose her brother. Not after she just got him back.

   She threw a short gaze at Fred, who's eyes were pinned to the spot were Harry had vanished, and took her chance, pushed Fred away and ran.

   "Lynn, don't!", Lynnea heard him scream, his footsteps echoing right behind her. She sprinted up the stairs and left the room where Harry did. "Lynnea, wait", she heard Fred cry. "Stop! - ARGH!"

   He stumbled. Throwing a glare back on him, Lynnea abruptly stopped and turned around, blood froze at the sight of what was happening in front of her eyes. With shaky hands she stretched out her wand.

   "The Dark Lord wishes you back", the man behind the mask growled, his left hand held a firm grip on Fred's hair, his right one pressed his wand against the redhead's throat.

   "I don't care, what the Dark Lord wishes", Lynnea spat. "Let him go! He's got nothing to do with all this."

   Fred tried to shake the guy off, but he just pulled Fred's head further back, so that he was now facing the ceiling.

   "I will", the man answered with a sound of amusement. "Let's make a fair exchange. You come with me and your lover here is free as long he keeps his nose out of our business."

   "Yeah, well, what about you let him go and I won't kick your ass?", Lynnea replied, desperately trying to figure out, how to get both of them out of here.

   "I'm not the patient type of man, you know, Potter?", he hissed. "The thing is, I could kill him, and take you anyway, but wouldn't that be a shame? Look at that pretty little face", he pressed Fred's head down, so she gotta face him. He had his teeth gritted and eyes narrowed. "Would be sad, wouldn't it, Potter?"

   "If you'll harm him, I -"

   "Crucio!" The Death Eater spoke in a disgustingly bored voice, and Fred started screaming as if he was set on fire, his voice echoing from the stone walls. He winded himself in the grip of the man, sinking on his knees.

   "Stop it!", Lynnea shrieked on top of her lungs; it ripped her heart in two seeing Fred like this. To her surprise the Death Eater stopped.

   "See now I'm not joking, stupid girl?", he hissed. "Whatever my son had seen in you, I'd never understand."

   "Your - wait, what?", I stuttered. He chuckled and took the mask off his face. Lynnea only had seen him once in her life, but her stomach twisted, as she noticed him. It was Adrian's father, Jack O'Riley. "You ...", Lynnea whispered.

   "Me", O'Riley responded with an evil grin. "So? Are you willing to come with me voluntarily or does it need some more cogency?"

   She looked at Fred, who was panting, sweat stood on his forehead and he stared back at Lynnea with a grimm expression.

   "Don't you dare to go with him, Lynn", he said, heavy breathing and through gritted teeth.

   "So, if the bloodtraitor prefers to die, I'll do him the favour -"

   "NO!" Lynnea's eyes snapped back to O'Riley. For a short second she thought of attacking him, but was too afraid he'd harm or torture Fred again. Instead she sighed. "Okay, fine, I'm coming with you." To show that she was honest with what she said, Lynnea threw the wand she snatched from one of the Death Eaters before away from her. She could see Fred's face drop, as he stared at her in pure disbelief. There lay an unreadable expression in his eyes, a kind of silent begging and some sort of disappointment. She wanted to tell him, how sorry she was about all this ... But as she opened her mouth, O'Riley shot a spell at her, ropes wrapped around Lynnea's wrists and ankles, throwing her to the floor as she lost her balance. Hitting her head on the cold hard ground, she saw tiny flashes of light blinking in front of her eyes.

   "So, now what are we going to do with you, boy?", O'Riley asked, his lips curled into a devilish smile.

   "Wait, what?", Lynnea snapped, twisting her head. "You said, you'll let him go!" She struggled against the ropes, but it was a forlorn fight. The man in front of her laughed and threw Fred to the ground.

   "Well, I lied, obviously", he snarled, pointing his wand on Fred, who lifted himself up from the ground, facing the Death Eater. His wand was in his back pocket, he wouldn't reach it in time. O'Riley opened his mouth, Lynnea's eyes widened in horror, she tried to get to her feet, but she was useless lying on the floor, unable to move.

   "No!", she screamed, not giving up the fight against those ropes. Her heart bumped in a way it felt like it was about to explode. "Let him go! Let him go you bloody motherfu-"

   "Oh, c'mon Lynnea, didn't your parents taught you manners?", O'Riley roared. His grin widened, his wand still merciless pointed at Fred as he slowly opened his mouth.