76 | L I G H T

•••
but you'll never be alone,
I'm with you from dusk till dawn.
•••

   Lynnea looked around, feeling completely lost. But something was strange, everything around her seemed huge, like ... like she looked at her surroundings out of the eyes of a child ...

   Next to her was laying a man. At first glimpse she thought it was Harry; black messy hair, circular spectacles sitting on his nose, covering grey eyes staring dead into emptiness. Grey eyes. It was her father.

   "Precious girl", a cold voice spoke in a high-pitched voice, as Lynnea started to cry. Lonely tears covering her face. She stared up into the pale face of Lord Voldemort. His lipless mouth curved into a creepy smile, he turned around and left for a staircase.

   And all of a sudden the surroundings changed, and so did herself. She was back in the Forbidden Forest, standing next to a huge fir tree. Knowing, what was happening, she didn't even twitch as Harry stepped out of the shadows. Throwing her wand away and spreading her arms, as she always did, she waited for the usual sentence to leave my lips. But something was different thistime. Lynnea was aware of being inside a dream; she never was before. So instead of telling Harry to do what he has to, a small "Why?",left her lips. Dream-Harry's head tilted, he seemed confused.

   "I thought you know ...", he whispered. "I thought you found out ..."

   "Not yet", Lynnea replied, not even knowing, why she said that.

   "I have to finish this, Lynn", Harry said with tears in his eyes. "Please forgive me. We'll soon be reunited ..."

   And he opened his mouth, a green flash of light, a loud whirr ...

   Lynnea shot up in her bed, sweating as she was always doing after that dream. She still didn't get it. Why would Harry kill her? Was this at least more than a simple dream? Was this a warning? When he told, he had to finish this ... What did he mean? Confused she lay back into the pillows, watching Fred's soft breath raising his chest.

   The memory of what she'd heard at the St Mungo Hospital about two years ago crept into her mind. What if Lynnea is the one to kill Harry? She closed her eyes. What if she really was? What if he had to kill her, because she actually was dangerous and would have to be destroyed as necessary as it was to destroy Voldemort himself? What if he, Voldemort, would find a way to turn Lynnea around, to make her stand up against her friends and family, to kill?

   It took her a long while to fall back asleep. When she woke up in the morning, the dream was still on her mind ...

•••

  Christmas was coming closer and the first snow fell. Lynnea sat by the window, watching it covering the ground outside, while she sunk in frustration that Ron and her still haven't found out where Harry and Hermione were. Neither haven't she seen Fred since November and missed him badly.

   For days now she was feeling sick. The dreams became more intense, but it always were the same, varying slightly from time to time. She woke up in the mornings, feeling like she was about to throw up. And she just wanted these dreams to end, she tried to close her mind every evening before going to sleep, but it wouldn't work. The dreams hit her like a car crash, and unlike that one night, she wasn't aware of being in a dream any longer. It seemed real, so real. Too real.

   "We will never find them, unless they show", Ron growled. "But they could be everywhere."

   "I'm sure Harry is keen on going to Godric's Hollow", Lynnea replied. "Maybe we should go there."

   But Ron shook his head. "Hermione won't let him. She said that You-know-who is expecting him to go there, and that there'll for sure be Death Eaters awaiting him."

   "Sounds logical", she sighed, even if she didn't want to admit it. She wished to visit the place she had been born so badly ... But of course Hermione was right. "Well, they wouldn't come near Hogwarts, I guess. There's Snape."

   "They're hiding and planning", Ron said. "If they'd shown, we'd know. Like when we flew from the Ministry, the newspapers were full back then. Maybe we should let Fred, George and Lee send a hidden message per radio."

   "Too dangerous", Lynnea shook her head bewildered. "Although I don't think they even got a radio with them."

   Ron kicked the armchair in front of him, starting to walk up and down the small room. Lynnea watched him for a while, before she turned her eyes back to the window, the snow was still falling outside. She again thought about the dream, and the scar on her neck puckered angryly.

   "Ron, can I tell you something?", she said in a low voice, unable to hold back the dreams for another second. She needed to tell someone, even if it was just for Ron telling her that it doesn't mean a damn thing.

   "Sure", he replied, finally sitting down on the armchair he had kicked before, looking at Lynnea curious. And so she told him about the dreams of Harry killing her, of her Dad and Voldemort, of Fred's voice seeming to float next to her sometimes when she was on her way through the Forbidden Forest, before she'd meet Harry.

"Well, it's just a dream, isn't it?", Ron said, as Lynnea had predicted him to do. "I mean, you don't think, it's something else, do you?"

"No, I - I don't know." She shrugged. "I just needed another opinion besides my own. I guess it's just - well, it's because I'm stressed or something. I guess, that's the reason, I feel sick as well."

   "Yeah, maybe it's really just about the situation", Ron said, rubbing his neck. "I guess you just have to calm yourself down. We'll find them, you know? Sooner or later they'll have to show. At least they're safe, as long, as they're hiding, and -"

   "And what?", she asked, raising an eyebrow. Ron had aprubtly stopped talking, his face wearing a strange expression.

   "Hermione ...", he breathed.

   "What?", Lynnea asked, not sure, if she understood him right.

   "Haven't you heard?", he replied with round eyes.

   "Heard what?"

   "She said my name", Ron whispered. "I'm sure it was Hermione! She - THERE! Again!"

   "Ron, nobody is saying your name ..."

   But Ron ignored her, pulling the Deluminator out of the pocket of his jeans. He let it click and she gasped. A small silver light-ball shot out of it and floated in the air in front of him.

   "What the ..." Suddenly the ball moved in Ron's direction, coming closer and closer, until it went right through his chest inside him ...

   His eyes, which had followed the light, now snapped to Lynnea's face. "Lynn, I guess, I know where we have to go", he said in a calm voice and stretched out his hand for me to take it.

•••