82 | M A L F O Y M A N O R

•••
who is in control?
•••

   "Look, who we've got here", she snarled, and cackled like the crazy bitch she was, her black curls framing her face, whipping up and down, as she laughed. "Draco, your friend came for a visit. Should we ask her to stay?"

   Lynnea's eyes locked with the blonde boy's, who was standing with his back against the wall, his eyes wide open, a plain look of horror in his gaze. Lynnea was on her knees, shoved down onto the cold floor.

   Draco looked away, his facial expression hardening. Lynnea herself stared to the ground, but with a bruscely jolt she was lifted from the floor and pushed onto Draco, who caught her in his arms, looking shocked.

   "Bring her to your room, Draco", Bellatrix snapped, before she came closer to Lynnea, whispering: "Wouldn't it be a lovely coincidence, if she was with her brother, when we caught them?" Then she turned her head to the left. "Wormtail, get the other girl here, let's see, what she can tell us!", she barked at a sticky man, his hair was grey and thin, his watery eyes threw Lynnea a strange look.

   "Come", Draco mumbled, grabbed her arm and left the room with the girl, pulling me up a dark staircase. They entered a room to their right. Black ebony furniture, and green-silver decorations dominated the room. He let go of Lynnea and pointed on a green couch. "Sit", he said, but she didn't move. "What happened?"

   "The taboo", she muttered.

   "Potter", Draco spat quietly. "Is he with you?", he asked and as Lynnea nodded, he narrowed his eyes. "They're dead ..."

   "No", she hissed. "There must be a way out -"

   "There isn't", he coldly replied. "You can't apparate. And running is rather pointless. They'll get them."

   "What are you doing here?", Lynnea growled. "Playing in their team now?"

   "I am as trapped here, as you are, Potter", he said without looking at her.

   "What do you -"

   The door swung open and a blonde and tall woman entered the room, giving Lynnea a short look, before she turned to Draco, saying: "Bella needs you in the saloon."

   With a last glare to Lynn he left the room together with the woman, closing the door behind them, she heard the clicking noise, knowing she was trapped.

   Crack!

   Lynnea jumped at the loud sound behind her, twirling around. She twitched as she was faced with an house elf. She knew him. It was the same that warned them in the Room of Requirement, when Umbridge had been after them in their fifth year.

   "Dobby, isn't it?", she asked, her eyes still widened.

   "Right, Miss Potter", he queeked. "Dobby is here to save you. Harry Potter sent Dobby to rescue Miss Potter."

   "Is Harry safe? What about Ron and Hermione?", Lynnea asked, looking at the door, preparing to kick it open and get to her brother and her friends.

   "Harry Potter's order was for Dobby to first save Miss Potter, then get back", the elf said.

   "No, I won't go without him!", Lynnea yelled, stepping back.

   "That's not Miss Potter's decision to make", Dobby replied, and with a fast movement he grabbed her wrist and she was sucked into blackness, a second later gasping for air, as she hit the bottom.

   "No, Dobby! Please bring me back!", Lynnea cried. "I need to help you!"

   "Miss Potter, Dobby promises you to save Harry Potter and his friends", he said. "Dobby won't disappoint Miss Potter."

   "Call me Lynn", she sighed, knowing there was no chance to get back to Harry.

   "It is a pleasure meeting you, Miss Lynn", he smiled. "Here's your wand!" He grabbed into the pillow case he was wearing, pulling out the girl's wand, handing it over, and with another crack he was gone.

   Lynnea scanned my surroundings. Wide fields and hills and there, right in front of her, was the Burrow. I
She couldn't resist a smile, as she started walking, knowing she was kind of home now, and even if it would be just for a few days, she felt lighter now than she had for months.

   Reaching the door, Lynnea stretched her hand out and knocked.

   "Was that - Arthur, was that a knock on the door?", she heard Mrs. Weasley shriek.

   "I'm not sure", Mr. Weasley's voice slowly replied.

   "Step back, Molly", Remus said, and Lynnea just had a second to tuck down, before the door was shot open and an impediment jinx shot right over her head.

   "Remus, wait! It's me!", Lynnea yelled, as he raised his wand against her.

   "L-Lynn?", he stammered. "How - what are you - prove your identity!" His wand was still pointed on his goddaughter.

   "I'm Lynnea Lilian Potter, your goddaughter and sister of Harry Potter, who was with me, when the three of us last met at Grimmauld Place, where you told us about Tonks being pregnant", Lynnea said, raising her hands in defence after she put her wand into the back pocket of her jeans. "And I know, that you totally hate it, when I put my wand there." She smirked; he sighed in relief and smiled at her, lowered his wand, pulling Lynnea into a tight embrace.

   "Where have you been?", he asked, still holding her by the shoulders, one arm length in front of him, eyeing her up suspiciously.

"Long story", she said, rubbing her neck. "Had been caught by Snatchers and been brought to - well, seemed to be the Malfoys' house. A house elf, Dobby ... He saved me and brought me here."

   "Let's get you inside", Mrs Weasley said, taking Lynnea's hand and lead her into the house. "You look terrible. And way too thin! I'll make you something to eat. And then you'll lay down and sleep until these bags under your eyes will disappear."

   They entered the living room and Lynneq almost ran into someone standing there, just inches away from the door, his hand stretched out for the doorknob.

   She froze on spot, his lips slightly parted and Lynnea stared at him in awe.

   "Lynn", he breathed, his arm still awkwardly in front of him. She needed a moment to realise that this was reality; that he was really standing in front of her, that this was not just a dream. But finally Lynnea wrapped my arms around Fred Weasley, snuggling her head into his chest, while he seemed to be paralyzed. Then he took her into his arms, not saying a single word, just burrying his hands in the girl's hair, breathing in deeply.

   It was a moment of pure bliss and Lynnea just wished it to never end.