17 | C L O S E R

•••
it's a maze within a maze;
without, within, my mind.
•••

   Being at Grimmauld Place was a pleasure; it felt like summer, staying here with all those wonderful people. Sirius was on his best mood, even singing Christmas songs and so not even Harry, who was still startled by his terrible foreseeing, couldn't resist to join the happiness laying over Grimmauld Place.

   Lynnea was sitting in the kitchen with Fred, George and Sirius; while George and Sirius were talking about the plan of a joke shop the twins were dreaming of, Fred and Lynnea played wizard chess.

   "So", Fred said, telling his bishop to move. "will you finally tell me what O'Riley has done?"

   Lynnea tried to act untouched, watching her queen beat up Fred's bishop. "Nothing. It just didn't fit", she told in a quiet, yet calm voice.

   "You cried an awful lot and ditched two days of school", Fred snorted. "Don't you think it was a bit more than it just didn't fit?"

   "Haven't you agreed when I told you I don't want to talk about it?", Lynnea hissed, her eyes still drawn to the match.

   "Just curious", Fred chuckled. "I jinxed him by any given chance, and I just wanted to see, if it was righteous," he made his king move a step back, "or if he might deserved more."

   Lynnea's eyes snapped up. "Well, you better mind your own business, Weasley", she snapped, her voice not even a bit quiet anymore. George and Sirius turned around, watching them curious. Lynnea jumped on her feet, her chair fell with a loud bang on the floor, but she didn't care. She stomped out of the kitchen, crushing the door shut. In her room she fell on her bed, cupping her face in her hands.

   Crack!

   Lynnea jumped, flinching back, as Fred appeared out of nowhere.

   "What the hell is wrong with you?", she snapped, her eyebrows furrowed. "Ever heard about that special little thing called privacy?"

   Fred snorted. "What's wrong with me? I thought we're over with that stupid fights. Maybe I'll start respecting your privacy when you stop acting that bitchy."

   "Bitchy?", Lynnea echoed cynically. "Are you seriously calling me bitchy, while you're dating the most annoying girl right after Pansy Parkinson?"

   "You don't even know her, how could you judge her?", he said in a cold voice.

   She felt her face heathen up. "Oh come on, ever seen the way she looks at me? Like I'm a bug or a roach or something even more disgusting, and she just wants to smash me."

   "Maybe that's because you look at her exact the same way!" The corners of his mouth twitched. "C'mon Bails, just admit it: you're jealous!"

   "Fred Weasley! You're such a pain in the arse!", Lynnea yelled, throwing her hands up furiously, but he just smirked with the usual mischievous sparkle in his warm eyes, as he bowed slowly down, his face merely inches away from hers.

   "I know, Bailey, I know. But I could be all yours forever."

   A heavy silence settled over them, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Her mouth was too dry to speak, but it didn't make a difference as she was unable to sort her thoughts, to find just a single words, not even talking about bringing more than one together to a sentence. She felt his breath brushing her lips, leaving a tingling sensation not only on that spot, but in her whole body, and her heart started beating erratically, she could feel it in her throat, she heard the blood rush in her ears ...

   And just like that he got back up, the silly smirk still painted on his face when he turned around and left the room.

   Fred closed the door behind him and blew out the air that had been stuck in his lungs. He forced his feet to move, even when every cell in his body begged him to turn around and re-enter the room, to grab this wonderful girl and press his lips on hers, not letting go before he would run out of breath.

   He shook his head, trying to get rid of those bittersweet thoughts. Now what to do about Lynnea? The thought hovered in his mind like a fire breathing dragon. His heart flickered just thinking about her, and it did so ever since he met her in August. There was something about her, something that wouldn't let go of him. But there were so many reasons why this should and could never happen at all. He should never have said that.

   "Fred! Fred, wait!" He turned around, watching her catching up with him, her long auburn curls whipping with every of her fast steps, but it were her eyes he could hardly take his gaze off; those beautiful eyes. It was hard to not smile blissfully at her, to just raise an eyebrow in a curious way, as her lips moved, but he didn't understand a thing she said.

   "Sorry, what?", he said in a raspy voice, his mouth awfully dry.

   "Oh c'mon, I got it, I am a bad person. I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that about you. Or - or Johnson." Her face turned crimson, causing her freckles to vanish under that red shadow.

   "It's okay, kiddo", he laughed. "You're not that bitchy at all."

   She bit her lower lip, the sight of this small innocent movement driving him mad, making his mind spinning the wildest thoughts about what he wanted to do with those soft red lips.

   "So what did you mean you could be all mine?", she asked, her face taking an even darker shade of red.

   Gosh, why did she have to ask? He forced his face to keep it cool, building up a smirk on his lips. "Confused, huh?", he chuckled. "Teasing you is that easy, Bails."

   Her eyebrows dropped, furrowed, and she narrowed her eyes. "Stop that, Weasley!", she snapped. "It's not funny at all."

   And as she turned around and was about to walk away he did something incredibly stupid; he grabbed her wrist and pulled her around, causing her to stumble and crush against his chest. Her eyes widened, and like an invisible force dragging him on, his  face moved closer to hers, he could feel her heartbeat against his chest and asked himself, if she would feel his, too. His hand was still around her wrist, and she was so incredibly close ...

   Stop that, Fred, you can't just do that!, his inner walls yelled at him, but he couldn't help, he couldn't resist that strange force bringing his face closer to hers, until her perfect lips were just inches away from his, feeling her breathing fast. Even if it would kill him, there was no chance to turn back now.