01 | M I S C H I E F

•••
if you ever wanna join me,   
baby I'll be dancing in the dark.
•••

   Lynnea was awoken by a loud cracking noise. Her heart skipped a beat and she hastily jumped up in her bed. It took her more than a second to realize where she was and who she was facing.

   "George!", she gasped, clutching her hand against her chest, panting.

   "I'm Fred", the redhead replied. "The handsome one, you forgot?" He chuckled, not for the blink of eye taking his gaze from her. "Mom wants to know, if you like to come down to dinner."

   "Dinner? What time is it?"

   "About 6 p.m." There again the mischievous smirk appeared on his lips. "So if sleeping beauty had enough of her naptime, you might like to have a taste of Mom's delicious cooking skills."

   CRACK! "There you are!" Lynnea's heart again skipped a beat as the second twin appeared. "They get Harry now", he said. "Let's go downstairs, I heard Dad and Sirius talk, seems like Harry's in trouble. Guess Ronnykins, Hermione and Ginny want to know, too."

   "Now you got me curious", Fred said, then looked at Lynnea, asking: "Are you ready?"

   "Ready for wha – ?" She would have screamed, if she had have had the chance to; suddenly every bit of air was pressed out of her lungs, she felt the strange sensation of being sucked into a tiny pipe, her stomach rebelled, she was about to throw up – and as soon as it begun, it was over, and she found herself in an other room, six pair of eyes staring at her.

   "You can't just leave her alone, can you?", Hermione groaned, rolling her eyes.

   "Keep calm, Granger, we have some interesting news", Fred said, the smirk on his face was still there. "But first the formalities."

   "Lynnie, this is Ron, our brother", George said, pointing at another red headed boy. He was also tall and freckled, but his eyes were blue, and his body was way less muscular than the twins'. "And this young lady is our sister Ginny." A girl with long dark red hair smiled at her. She was rather similar to Fred and George, brown warm eyes, and the mischievous touch in her grin, but way smaller than her brothers.

   "So after we sorted this out", Fred told them, "Harry is coming."

   "But– what?", Hermione retorted, her face wore a flustered expression. "But Remus said, they don't have planned to fetch him before Saturday."

   "Seems like a couple of Dementors canceled that plan", George said, flinging himself on one of the two beds in this room. Hermione'smouth fell agape, and Lynnea didn't understand a single thing they were talking about. Fred threw here a gaze and seemed to notice her confusion.

   "Harry Potter", he told Lynnea, as if this was the answer to every question spinning through her racing mind. As she tilted her head, he laughed, and again Lynnea blushed at the sound of it. "Harry is a friend of our family. Currently he is in Little Whinging, Surrey, with his relatives. Some funny guys, maybe you get the pleasure to meet them someday. Well, seems like he got attacked by a pair of Dementors. We would have liked to get more information, but Hermione's beast of a cat ate our last Expandable Ear -"

   "He's a cat, he's hunting things, for Merlin's sake", Hermione hissed. "Also this is nothing to discuss right now! What on earth are Dementor's doing in Little Whinging?!"

   "Well, I don't believe it's a coincidence they appeared there, and crossed path with a wizard who also surprisingly turned out as Harry Potter", George replied.

   "What could probably mean, that there are some Dementors out of the Ministry's control", Fred added.

   "What if they were sent by the Ministry?", Lynnea quietly said. Every eye flinched on her now. "Er – see, it was even in French news, that the British Ministry isn't all to fond of Potter. What if they wanted to shush him?" Indeed the newspaper were filled with articles about Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter, about their lies, and that Hogwarts' headmaster might have gone senile, while Potter was purely bonkers. But Lynnea never had a doubt that it was true, that He-Who-Mustn't-Be-Named had returned; her father had told her so when she returned home for summer, and her mother agreed with him. They got the news straight from Dumbledore himself, and why should he lie about this? That made no sense.

   "Told you, she's intelligent, Georgie", Fred said, smirking down at her. "And cute, not to forget." Again her face grew hot, and she exactly knew, that it had taken the shade of her auburn hair by now, so she quickly looked away and started staring at her feet. What was it about this guy, that turned her into a high quality neon lightbulb within seconds? "Could be possible. Fudge had lost his mind."

   "He never had a mind", George righted his brother. "But that he wants to kill the boy who lived?"

   "Making it look like an accident?", Ron chimed in. "Quite realistic, if you ask me." Hermione rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. For a while they continued putting up the wildest theories of what might could have happened to Harry, until the finally left for dinner. And as Lynnea walked out, Fred laid his hand on her back, softly shoving her forward, causing her face to burn, and even as he took his hand away, his touch left a tingling sensation. This ginger for sure was highly annoying, of that she was sure.