37 | S U M M E R

•••
of all the things I lost.       
        I miss my mind the most.
•••

Harry didn't come up with false promises, it definitely was the summer of Lynnea's life, but not in a good way. The Dursleys turned out to be pretty strange and annoying people; aunt Petunia was looking at the auburn haired girl in shock the first time Lynnea stepped through the gate of King's Cross. She wished her uncle wouldn't be that lost for words ever since, too, but he was a loud, furious man, never getting tired of barking and yelling. And then there was Dudley, frightened Dudley, who looked at her like she would eat him alive whenever she entered the same room. Yeah, indeed, Harry didn't come up with false promises.

Lying on the mattress in the basement, the small pillow soaked in tears, Lynnea was wide awake. Nightmares kept haunting her. If it wasn't Sirius gracefully falling through that veil, it was Dream-Fred not getting tired turning her back on her in the middle of the crowded station, over and over again. Seven days had passed and the nightmares came and passed, but not without leaving Lynnea in a constant state of either grief or numbness.

And the nights were long, even longer than the days she kept spending to stroll around the streets, just like her brother, but never together; both fighting their own demons. But the nights she couldn't stand being alone, she tried so long, but as the night number eight kept her waking up sweating and panting, she slowly got up on her shaky feet.

There was just one person in this whole house who was able to understand whatever Lynnea's mind was going through. On tiptoes she climbed the stairs to the first floor. The moonlight was shining through Harry's window, enlightening his peaceful face, as he was softly snoring. Lynnea sat down on the bed, the mattress was arching, but Harry was still breathing calm and deeply, so she carefully laid down next to him, trying not to disturb his sleep. But the moment her head met the pillow, the blanket was pulled over Lynnea's body and Harry's hand rested on her shoulder, and like that they both wordless sunk back to sleep.

•••

"You shouldn't have done that", George told the hundredths time since Fred had told him an hour ago that he had split up with Lynnea. "Not that my opinion would matter, but you shouldn't have done that."

"I had to", Fred replied stiffly. "It's too dangerous for her. She'll understand someday. And maybe when all of this is over -"

"She'd had have found another idiot, maybe someone who wouldn't leave her in her darkest hours", George said. "Really Fred, she's the Chosen One's sister. Everything is dangerous for her. I could have understood her breaking up with you for your safety, but the other way round is quite pointless."

Fred rolled his eyes at his twin. "Don't be that dramatic."

"I am dramatic? Just meaning Lynn is an amazing girl, if you remember. And she might not sit around and wait for all of this to be over."

"Let's open the shop, so you have to finally shut up", Fred growled. Probably George was right. He already guessed Lynnea wouldn't wait for Fred forever. But he couldn't go back to her; not as long as the Death Eaters could still be using him to get her. Everything was fine, as long as she's safe.

•••

The sun tickled her nose in the morning and as she awoke, for a second she panicked. Two arms were tightly wrapped around her, enclosing her arms, so she was unable to move. She jerked, yet noticed it was Harry.

"I'm sorry", he muttered, loosening his grip. "You - well, had a rough night. Fought like a lion, I had to - uhm."

Her face flushed pink and she immediately sat up, not looking at her brother in this embarrassing moment.

"I'm sorry, I didn't intend to keep you awake", she mumbled, running her fingers through her hair.

"It's okay", Harry said. "I have the same dreams." Lynnea looked at her twin questioning. "You talked."

"Oh, that's just perfect", she sighed. "See, really, I'm sorry, I - I really didn't - from now on I'll stay downstairs."

"Lynn, stop that, you can come up here whenever you want, whenever you need", Harry said. "We're in this together."

That's what he said, but Lynnea had the feeling Harry was hiding something from her. He'd told her about the prophecy, that he would be the one who has to kill Voldemort, or get killed by him, but she had the feeling there was more ...

"Dumbledore will come tonight", Harry said, snapping Lynnea out of her thoughts. "He'll bring you to the Burrow, I'll follow on Friday."

"I don't want to go to the Weasleys", she muttered, staring down at her feet.

There was a short pause, before Harry said: "Fred and George moved out. Ron told me they now live in an appartement above the shop."

"Ah."

The afternoon was still all the same, Harry and Lynnea left the house at once, and immediately their ways parted. Lynnea went down left, while Harry walked straight. 

She felt vulnerable. Still she had no wand, as Bellatrix took her own and she had thrown away the Death Eater's she'd disarmed. But when she thought about it, she didn't care. There could be someone jumping right out of the bushes, blowing her lights out, and she wouldn't mind. There was just too many things running through her head; the war had begun, and the constant fear about Harry drove her mad.

"See who we got there!"

By the sound of the dull voice Lynnea rolled her eyes, turning around.