67 | S P E C I A L

•••
how terrible it is to love something
death can touch.
•••

Lynnea couldn't find Fred the whole day long. He was lost since he left her bedroom in the morning, and while Mrs Weasley was keeping Lynnea busy with housework, she hadn't much chances to look for him. But she didn't let the time to be wasted anyways.

"I'll go with you", she told her brother the hundredths time, but as everytime she did, he was shaking his head bewildered.

"Gosh, Lynnea, can't you just understand that I don't want my sister to be in danger?", he groaned, waving his wand and let the dishes hover back into the cupboard.

"Can't you understand, that I can't just sit around here and pray for you not to die?", Lynnea shot back.

"I need to know you safe", he snapped.

"Same for you", she replied in a bored tone. "Ask yourself a tiny little question, Harry: would you let me go on my own, if I was the one with the mission?"

He didn't reply, but that was answer enough for her.

"See", she simply said in a matter of fact kinda voice.

"We'll talk about this later, maybe you'll change your mind", he sighed.

"Couldn't imagine what could make me do so", Lynnea said.

"Wait for it", Harry muttered and she raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something I should know, dearest brother?", She crossed her arms in front of my chest.

"I guess not", he said and packed his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

"Don't let Remus see that!", Lynnea called after him, as he left the kitchen with curling lips.

•••

"Put that on", Ginny commanded, throwing a emerald green piece of cloth at Lynnea. It turned out to be a summer dress.

"What for?", she asked, frowning, as she looked at Ginny curious.

"It's my birthday present for you and I want you to wear it", she said, sounding annoyed. "Don't make a song and dance about it, just put it on."

"Lovely way you packed it", Lynnea remarked. "I also adore the beautiful way you gave it to me. Thanks, Gin!"

"Don't be such a princess, we both know you aren't", she smirked.

Lynnea rolled her eyes and got undressed, just to let the silk fabric of the dress slip over her head to cover her body. A look in the mirror told her that it suited her really well. It matched Lynnea's eyes and got a really amazing contrast to her flaming hair.

"Nice one, Potter", Ginny said, grinning. "I have a real fabulous taste, I have to admit."

"Can't disagree", Lynnea mumbled, spinning herself around in front of the mirror. "Hey Gin, have you seen Fred?", she then asked. "He's gone since the early morning."

"Nope", she just responded, then pushed me onto a chair. "Let's do something to your hair."

"What's all that for?", Lynnea asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Your seventeenth birthday", she said. "Mum's planning a little party. Even Charlie is coming and Hagrid already arrived. It's a special day for you and Harry, so I'll make you look special."

Lynnea fell silent and watched Ginny putting her head up and down, from side to side, then again up, and she already feared the result, but in the end it was amazing. Few of her auburn curls framed her face, while the rest of them was turned into a amazingly elaborate put-up hairdo.

"If I'll ever marry, you'll do my hair, kiddo", Lynnea said, turning her head from left to right, stunned.

"I'd love to", Ginny cheered. "But I guess next to Fred you'd even look amazing, if you're bald as my Dad."

"Maybe we all should survive that stupid war first", Lynnea sighed and Ginny's smile dropped.

"Will you go with him?", she asked, frowning. "Harry, I mean."

"He won't let me", Lynnea replied, snorting. "Of course I will. I just have to be careful he won't slip through my fingers and run away."

"Keep an eye on him, okay?", Ginny muttered quietly.

"That's why I'll join him", she said, smiling embracingly at her best friend. "I'll try my best to bring him back to you, I promise."

Her lips curved to a sad smile, before she said: "Let's get downstairs, I guess I heard Charlie laughing. Partytime." She winked at Lynnea and the two girls went down into the kitchen, where the whole Weasley Family was united - except Fred.

"Ah, so you're the girl of my brother's dirty dreams", an unfamiliar redhead, sitting by the table, said to Lynnea with a wide smirk on his face. He was looking a lot like Fred and George.

"Be happy you don't have to join a room with him, you really don't want to know how dirty his dreams are."

"George!", Mrs Weasley shrieked, and the new redhead got to his feet and stretched out his hand to Lynn.

"Charlie Weasley", he said, still grinning.

"Ah, nice to finally meet you", she replied, smiling. "Lynnea Potter."

"Such a pleasure", he told her with a wink.

"Dinner's ready", Mrs Weasley said. "Lynnea, dear, if you'd take out the plates, then the rest of us will carry the food. As we're so many people and Hagrid wouldn't fit in our kitchen either, I thought, it'd be nice to take the party to the garden."

"Of course", Lynnea said, waving her wand and let the plates float in front of her as she stepped through the backdoor into the yard. She could see the lights around the table right under the apple trees. Balancing the plates in front of her, she made her way across the backyard, letting them land on each place, as soon, as she arrived.

She looked back over her shoulder, but none of the others had followed so far. Lynnea was wondering, if she should go back and help them carrying the food.

"You're so beautiful."

She was about to move her feet, when his voice made her jerk and snapp around.

There he was standing between the torches, surrounded by some fireflies, looking so goddamn gorgeous, she held my breath for a few seconds.

"Fred", Lynnea whispered, after she finally found her voice and he smiled his brightest smile, giving her shivers.