52 | S A V E D

•••
there goes my hero,
watch him as he goes.
there goes my hero.
he's ordinary.
•••

  "Lynnea, can we have a word?", Remus asked an hour before we were about to head back to Hogwarts. Lynnea had almost packed everything, so she nodded and he closed the door to her room.

   "But if you're up to tell me, that I should be careful with Fred, I -"

   "I won't, don't worry", Remus laughed. "I just wanted to know, if everything's okay with you. I know, there's stuff you kids won't tell us and I've the feeling, you're in trouble at Hogwarts."

   "Oh - no, it's nothing", Lynnea quickly replied, ignoring the fact that she was about to die of the fear growling inside her like an angry animal. "Really, everything's fine, it was just a little fight back then, never mind", she added, as Remus cocked an eyebrow at her. "Harry's with me, it's fine."

   "He's busy, isn't he?", Remus asked and Lynnea felt a knot grow in her throat, making it hard to breathe. "I could imagine, you don't see each other that often."

   "Well ... We're in two different houses", she said, staring at the blank wall. "And of course he's busy, he's got his lessons with Dumbledore. I'm completely fine with that, if that keeps him alive. And to be honest, I wasn't nominated for the greatest sister alive award."

   Remus nodded, and as he did, something crossed the girl's mind; something she heard one year ago and she was still curious about.

   "Can I ask you something without you getting mad?", she asked quietly, still facing the wall.

   "Of course, whatever is on your mind", Remus smiled.

   Lynnea took a deep breath. "As Mr. Weasley was at St. Mungo last Christmas, I - well, I heard you all talk in his room ... about me. And - am I really the one to kill Harry?"

   Remus frowned. "We are not sure about that, Lynn", he finally said. "Dumbledore has some guesses. There must be a reason, why Voldemort didn't kill you, and as you know, we haven't found out yet. But we guess, there's a special bond between Harry and you - far beyond you being twins. The prophecy could have told us something about it, but unfortunately it broke."

   Her eyes widened. Harry knows about the prophecy! He told Lynnea about it during our summer in Surrey. It at least said, Harry's the Chosen One. Did he withhold something?

   "Dumbledore's guess is, that the prophecy might contain the phrase, that you'll be the Dark Lord's mightiest weapon", Remus said and Lynnea stared at him bug-eyed. "But don't worry too much about this, we all think, if this was actually what the prophecy said, then he would have had to take you with him as a baby, so he could have had commutated you while growing up. There's no chance he could do that by now, even if he gets you. What we fear is, that he'd find out about that and then kill you."

   "That would be unpleasant", Lynnea muttered under my breath.

   Remus chuckled and patted her back. "That's why we want to avoid it under any circumstances", he said. "So don't break your head about that, you definitely won't kill Harry."

    Lynnea cracked a smile at him. She suddenly felt the great urge to stay here at the Burrow with Fred, George and Remus. But Remus would leave by tomorrow for the werewolves, and Fred and George would return to their appartement above the joke shop.

   "There will be a war, huh?", she whispered.

   "Foreseeable", he replied. "Actually we're already in it. I won't try to sugarcoat it. But for now you shouldn't worry about that. You'll return to Hogwarts now, and all you should think of are your grades. Okay?"

    "Guess that's not in my power to decide", she sighed. "My brain's just drowning in the fear that someday Dumbledore will come and tell me, that someone of you is seriously hurt or lost or ... dead ..." Her voice broke and Remus pulled her into his arms.

   "I can't promise you, that no one will get hurt or die, Lynnea", he said in a quiet voice. "I won't lie to you about that. There's a storm coming and we for sure will have to face some losses. But we can't stand still right now. We can't hide in fear. We'll have to face this."

   "I don't even want to hide in fear", she said. "It's just ... I don't want to lose anyone of you."

   Remus smiled embracingly, but didn't say anything at all. Lynnea knew there was nothing he could reply. He didn't want to lie to her, but his silence told her everything she needed to know; and everything she didn't want to hear anyways.

•••

   A week had passed since the day they had returned to Hogwarts and it was impossible to talk to Harry, he was so busy all the time, and during Potions class there were to many people around.

   Gladly Blaise didn't make any attempts to get at her either. She still was nervous as hell whenever she was strolling the castle alone - what she did almost all the time, due to the fact that her friends were still dealing with their hormones, except Draco, who was dealing with hell knows what. The boy went paler and skinnier with every day, the circle under his eyes left him look terribly I'll, but Lynnea gave up asking him what was wrong, as he wouldn't answer and just told her to leave him alone; and so she did.

   Walking down the dungeon corridor far past curfew, as she had been up at the Astronomy tower, drowning in her own thoughts, she finally entered the almost empty common room around midnight. Only Draco was sleeping on a couch in front of the fireplace. She looked at him full of sorrow. Whatever he was dealing with was destroying him mercyless, and it messed her up that she was unable to help him.

   With a silent sigh she crossed the room and was about to enter her dorm; that was when a hand wrapped around her throat, smashing her against the wall. Her head hit the solid stone and tiny white lights exploded in front of her eyes for seconds, before they vanished and revealed the view for the hatred look in Blaise Zabini's face staring at her.

   "I think", he slowly spoke, tilting his head while she was fighting for air, "we have a problem, Bailey." His jaw tightly clenched. "Haven't I told you, you're mine?"

   She wanted to reply, but not more than a whimper left her lips.

   "So you thought it was a wise idea to dump me for that Weasley bastard, huh?", he growled, burrying his wand into her chin. "Let me tell you it was not."

   Lynnea started kicking at him, hitting his legs, but he didn't seem to mind that much, his grip only tightened, she couldn't breathe. Panicking her fingers scratched across the back of his hand, she tried to tear him away, but he was too strong.

   Out of the shadows appeared a wand that burrowed in his neck. Lynnea's visions went blurry, but she could see Blaise's eyes widen slightly.

   "Take your hands off her", a quiet voice threatening hissed, and Draco's face appeared behind Blaise's. "Now!", he added in a loud bark.

   Blaise hesitated for a second, before he loosened his grip, and Lynnea slid down the wall, her own hand covering her neck. Blaise didn't dare to move, and Draco kept his wand to the black boy's neck.

   "You'll stay away from her", he said in a dangerously low voice. "If I'll ever see you laying hand on her, if I'll ever see you hurt her in any given way, I promise you will regret it."