81 | C A U G H T

•••
and like the moon
she had a side on her,
so dark            that
even the stars couldn't
shine on it.
•••

   "How bad was it this time?"

   "Same as ever, Hermione said in a low voice. "High fever, mumbling, jerking ..."

   "Still no clue, what's wrong with me?", Lynnea asked, trying to sit up, but Hermione softly pushed her back down into the rather uncomfortable bed.

   "Don't overexaggerate", she said. "Let me ask you a question. What's wrong with you and Harry?" Lynnea blinked confused, and Hermione talked on: "You talked in your delirium. Don't worry, it was just me hearing it", she added, as Lynnea's eyes widened. "The way you look at him ... You're scared of him."

   "I'm not", Lynnea plainly replied. "I'm just having some real badass dreams and Harry is ... I really don't wanna talk about it, Mione ..."

   "But maybe your dreams are the reason for your terrible conditions! What if they're not just dreams?"

   "I already thought about that, but - well, I'd love to stay with the illusion, that this is just a dream", she mumbled.

   "Lynn, you can't keep everything for yourself", Hermione said with a stern look. "We need to be honest with each other, here's no room for secrets. We have to trust each other. All of us. If we can't, we're doomed."

   Lynnea stared at her, not able to describe the feeling she had in this moment. She breathed in deeply and lowered her eyes. 

   "He's killing me", she finally said. "He's pointing his wand on me, shooting the killing curse at me. First I thought, it was just a stupid dream, but - but it won't stop. Harry's killing me in my dreams all over again, and I - well, he's always telling me, we'd be reunited soon. Mione, I don't want him to know about this", Lynnea whispered. "I don't want to bother him with this ..."

   "I think he'd want to know", Hermione said. "But okay, I won't tell a thing."

   "Where is he by the way?", Lynnea asked, looking around as much as she could from down here were she lay.

   "Inside with Ron. They're trying to figure out where to go next", Hermione replied, nodding to the exit. "Shall I call him in?" She lifted herself half out of her seat, but Lynnea wildly shook her head.

   "No, I have the feeling, he doesn't want to have me around here", she bitterly spoke what she was thinking for days now. "I - I thought ... Maybe I should leave. I'm not a great help, ain't I? I don't want to be a burden."

   "He's in sorrow, Lynn. And he would wish you to be safe, what you can't be, being here with us, especially him." She sighed. "But I think he'd be pleased to hear, that you would want to return back in hiding. At least that's what he wanted you to do since you decided to come with him."

   "I don't want to", Lynnea muttered under her breath, more speaking to herself than to Hermione. "But things changed. I have to ..."

   "What do you mean?" Hermione raised an eyebrow.

   "I - Promise not to tell anyone yet, okay?", Lynnea whispered and Hermione nodded. "I -"