92 | S I L E N C E

•••
And if it kills me tonight,      
           I will be ready to die.
•••

   She had seen this scene in her dreams so many times. She had walked this path so many nights. But this was not a dream, this was bitter, painful reality. Lynnea walked through the trees, knowing every single one of them as if they were old friends. She knew every root crossing the ground, winding through the dirt, stepping over them without stumbling, without even looking at her feet. As she saw a huge fir tree, she hesitated for a moment. The fir tree, with its amazing color, that she loved so much. This would be the end. Crossing that tree would mean, that it would be over. Behind this dark green giant she would meet Harry, and he would raise his wand and do, what he had to do.

   Lynnea took a deep breath, there was no use in waiting much longer, shoving the branches aside, stepping forward, out of the shadows, into a ray of moonlight.

   For seconds nothing happened. She listened into the darkness, the silence was like a pressure on her ears. But then she heard footsteps. First quiet and far away, but coming closer fastly. She didn't lower her wand, just in case it wasn't Harry. But although the steps were so loud now, that they had to be almost right in front of me, she could not see anyone.

   "Harry?", Lynnea whispered, and the noise stopped. Raising her wand a bit higher, she almost got a heartattack when her brother pulled the Invisibility Cloak off his head. Stepping into the light of the pale moonlight, that was shining through the baldachin.

   He just stared at his sister with an unreadable expression, his eyes red and swollen.

   "I can't do that", he whispered, desperately looking at Lynnea. "I can't do that, Lynn, I can't kill you."

   "We'll all be together then, won't we?", she said with a small smile. "Do you think Mum and Dad will be waiting for us there?"

   "They do", Harry said in a certain voice. "They're looking forward to see you, they're awaiting you."

   "I'm sorry, it has to end up like that", she said bitterly. "I was looking forward to finally being a family. I mean you and me. And the Weasley's. Would have been nice, huh?"

   He gave a shaky laugh.

   "But then on the other hand", Lynnea went on, "it's not that bad seeing Mum and Dad again, and Sirius, of course. What do you think he's doing there? Being all grumpy and stuff, don't you think?"

   Harry looked to his left, smiling. "Yeah, guess he is", he replied.

   "I'm glad, I met you, Harry", Lynnea said in a low voice.

   "So am I", he said. "I think Dumbledore's the opinion, it would have made it easier for me, if I'd not known you."

   "I think, he had it planned", she said. "That we meet, before it'd escalate. Don't you think? If he wouldn't want anyone knowing, he wouldn't have left my students card lying around in the staff room for Ginny to find it."

   "Oh, he for sure had planned every single move in this game here", Harry muttered.

   "Have you destroyed them all?", I asked.

   "Every single one despite the damn snake and - well, you and me." He turned his eyes to the ground. "I told Neville to finish the snake. Then everyone will be able to kill him."

   Lynnea nodded. Then, like in her dream, she threw her wand aside, spreading her arms wide open. "Okay, do it, I'm ready."

   "But I am not", he said in a husky voice, tears flooding his bright green eyes.

   "You have to." It was less than a whisper. "Let's end this. Don't let all those deaths have been in vain. I want them to kick You-Know-Who's ass into the deepest circle of hell."

   With a shaking hand he raised his wand higher, until it was pointing at Lynnea's chest. A tear ran down his cheek, while he wasn't even able to cry anymore.

  "We'll see again in no time, okay", she said and smiled with shivering lips.

   "I am so sorry", he breathed.

   "I love you, Harry", Lynnea replied.

   "I love you, too, Lynnie ..."

   There was a jet of green light erupting out of the tip of his wand; a loud whirr cut the silence of the forest for a second, the green flash was blinding, Lynnea raised her hand like she could shelter her eyes like that. And the last thing she heard, was Harry's quiet sob, before the curse hit its aim and everything went black.