Chapter 44

Demi's POV

After the concert I sent Anna with Natalie and Marissa to pick up pizzas and starbucks. The concert was amazing. Anna came up and rapped Cher's part of Really Don't Care and it was so fucking adorable! Someone threw a snapback onstage that said Brownies on it, which is her fanbase's name, while we were singing Really Don't Care. She put it on and started acting all gangster and shit. You had to have been there. It was hilarious and adorable at the same time. I'm just waiting in my dressing room for Isabella. It's been about 30 minutes since the concert ended... did she forget? It doesn't take that long to walk from the stadium to my dressing room. Right when I was thinking that there was a quite knock on the door. "Who is is?"

"I-uh- Isabella," she said sheepishly.

"Oh come on in, I was just thinking about you," I said as she walked in through the door and shut it behind her.

"You were?"

"Yeah, why is that so surprising?" 

"Well you're Demi fucking Lovato, and I'm... well I'm just Isabella,"

"Well I think 'just Isabella' is pretty extraordinary. Come sit," I said patting the spot on the couch next to me. She came and sat by me and we sat in silence for a few moments. 

"Why'd you want me to come back here? Not trying to be rude or anything, but you obviously don't do this wish all of your Lovatics," she blurted out, breaking the silence.

"No I don't, but you just seemed really upset earlier and I wanted to make sure you are okay," I said.

"Well, I'm fine and I don't need your sympathy so if that's all you wanted I'll just be leaving because I don't know why'd you want someone like me around you," she said. What does she mean by that?

"No, I want you to stay. I don't see why I wouldn't want to be around you? Stay and we can catch up. They should be back soon with pizza's so you can stay and eat if you want," I said. She laughed. "What's so funny?"

"I mean we don't exactly know each other in the first place so we can't exactly catch up, but yeah I guess that's fine. You don't see why you wouldn't want to be around me, but trust me you will," She said softly looking at her hands.

"I can't think of anything that would make you not want to be around you," I said genuinly.

"Thanks, but just wait... And who's 'they'?"

"'They' is Anna, Marissa, and Natalie. They left a little bit ago to get pizza and Starbucks. Do you want anything from Starbucks? I can text them and have them get you something,"

"Uh no, I don't really like coffee,"

"Okay, you sure?"

"Yep," she said and then we sat in silence for a few more moments.

"So let's talk," I said.

"About what?"

"Tell me about yourself,"

"Well I just turned 18. I'm graduating this year and I was going to go to CCA for photography, but I don't think I'll be able to anymore. I us-," I cut her off.

"Why won't you be able to go anymore?" I asked.

"Uh... It's kind of a long story," she said.

"I've got time,"

"I guess um- just uh- financial issues," she said, quite obviously holding something back.

"That was a long story?" I asked laughing.

"Shut up! I thought it was gonna be longer okay? Anyway I used to live in a small town in Kentucky with my mom, brother, and sister, but after the whole Starbucks thing my mom left me here in California with my dad. Now I- well that's pretty much it... I'm pretty unextrodanary," she finished, cutting herself off.