Chapter 38

Demi's POV

Anna fell asleep at around 2:15. Almost as soon as she fell asleep my phone started ringing. Anna groaned and pulled my pillow away from me and used it to block the sound of my phone. "Sorry baby," I said as I got up to go out to the kitchen to take the call. It was Eddie.

D-Hello?

E-Hey, Demi. We just got an email from The Ellen Show asking if you and Anna would want to come be on the show sometime this week.

D- Sure, we don't have much going on this week. Could it be at the end of the week sometime? Anna isn't feeling the greatest at the moment so I want to give her a little time to feel better. 

E-Yeah, that's fine. I'll get a time set up and then let you know when.

D- Okay, I just need to ask Anna about it when she wakes up. I'm not sure if she will want to or not, she's really shy so I'm not sure how she would do on national television.

E- We need to know soon Demi. Call me back as soon as you get an answer from her. Ellen also said that she would love to have Anna preform something if she has any songs ready. I was thinking maybe she could sing the song she's going to release as her single and release it the day the show airs. 

D- Okay I will. I'll talk to Anna. I'm not sure if she's ready to release it yet. Thanks Eddie.

E- Okay, Bye Dems. Love you.

D- Bye Eddie. I love you too.

As soon as I hung up with Eddie my phone rang again. This time it was Nick.

N- Hey Dems, I got your voice mail. How'd things go?

D- Well, Anna could've died this morning if that helps at all.

N-What?!?! what happened?

D-Turns out she went to cut and not take a shower. It's kind of a long story, but she's okay now. She's sicker than I thought though. After I get off the phone with you I need to call my therapist to see if she will come talk to Anna. I tried to get Anna to go to an actual physiologist, but she refused so we compromised. Anyway she's gotten to the point where she can't control the urges at all and it makes her physically sick to eat. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to get her help, but the only help she accepts is me. She wants to recover, she's told me, but she doesn't want to get help.

N- Dems, it will be okay. She is just like you, and look at yourself. You got through it and so will she. Did you talk to her about her dad yet?

D- uh yeah. It took me a while to get it out of her, but she finally admitted to being raped multiple times. I didn't want to push too far so I didn't get much of an explanation from her, but she did tell me that's what the dreams are about. Nick, she's hurting bad. I just want to put all her pieces back together. I can't stand seeing her broken like that! 

N- I know Demi. That's how I felt when you went through it all. Just be there for her. It's all you can do.

D- I feel like it's not enough though! I feel like I should be doing so much more!

N- You are doing all you can. Stop being so hard on yourself. You don't need to breakdown right now. Anna needs you. I'm coming over, okay?

D-O-okay..... Nick?

N-hmm?

D- Thank you.

N- For what?

D- For being here for me when I need it.

N-Dems, I love you. You don't have to thank me.

With that I hung up. I noticed how much of a mess I was. I was crying and screaming on the phone. I need to get myself together for Anna. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to say 'I love you' to Nick. I've had so many heartbreaks and I'm scared to love again. I don't want to love again. The only love I need is from my family.