Chapter 29

The doctors gave Star a full check up, and she was let out a couple days later. andy was happy to have her home. 

Andy tried to make Star as home again, but he could tell she was suffering from a broken heart. He tried to make her smile many times, but it just was not working. This was making Andy sad himself. He was starting to feel useless.

One day Andy was sitting on the couch watching TV. He had already called the Super Market to give Star at least another week or so off. The manager let her have another full week off. However, it took andy forever to get the manager to agree, but he finally did. 

Star walked slwoly downstairs. She walked past andy to the kitchen making sure she covered her face. This confused him, then he noticed she was wearing long sleeves and sweat pants even though it was in the middle of August. At first, Andy was confused by this, but then he knew what was going on. 

He quickly got up and followed her to the kitchen. She was standing at the island fixing herself a glass of orange juice. She was wearing sunglasses to hide her bad eye.

"Star, why are you wearing long sleeves and pants?" Andy asked walking slowly toward her. 

"I...I was cold... " she replied turning away from him and putting the orange juice jug back into the fridgerator. 

"Star, it's 90 degrees outside today," Andy said," there's no way you're cold." 

Star drank from her glass and said nothing.

"Don't you make me do it..." Andy said pointing at her arm. 

She looked at him when he said this," Andy..." 

Andy's heart dropped. He knew now for sure that she had done it. She self- harmed again.