Chapter 11

It was no time that AJ got there. He honked once then got out of the car opening the passenger side door for Star to get in. She slide in smiling and he shut it when she was completely in the car. AJ ran around to the other side of the car, got in, and they were on there way to where ever he was taking them.

"You look great," he said smiling at her.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," Star replied laughing." So... are you going to tell me where we're going?" 

AJ laughed," Nope sorry. You'll have to wait until we get there." 

Star sighed and AJ laughed. He turned on his radio, and "Bully" by Shinedown came on. "I love this song!" Star said smiling brightly. AJ laughed and turned the music up even louder.  They both sang along with it laughing and smiling as they did.

AJ drove around for almost an hour before he finally stopped at a park. He looked over at Star, and smiled. "What is this?" she asked confused.

He laughed," You'll see." 

They got out of the car, and AJ led the way down a trail. They both walked for about 10 or so minutes until AJ turned off the trail and started walking in the woods. "AJ, where are we going?"  Star asked.

He laughed again," You'll see. we're almost there." 

They reached a clearing that had a beautiful veiw of the city and setting sun. "Oh my God, AJ! It's beautiful!" Star said.

He laughed," Yeah, when I first moved here a couple years ago I was exploring, and came across this, so... yeah,."

"It's amazing," she said laughing.

AJ laughed," Well, I'm glad you like it." He walked over to a tree, and pulled out a blanket and a basket from a bush of leaves and twigs.

"A picnic?!" Star said surprised. She had never been on a picnic before, She had only seen such things in movies and TV shows.

AJ smiled and nodded at her," Yup, I hope you don't care?" 

" No, not at all. I've never had one before." 

"Well, now you will," AJ laughed.

He put down that blanket, and they both sat down on top of it. AJ served them both potato salad, chips, and peanut butter sandwitches. He knew that Star liked all this because that is what she brought to work to eat sometimes. They ate, talked, and laughed.