Chapter 5

Star and Sammi talked and laughed. Star also told Sammi about AJ. She, of course, got really happy and excited. She knew how amazing it was for Star. Sammi knew all the bad things that happened to her. The things Jamie did. It was a big deal that Star was moving on, or at least trying to.

It came time for Star to have to get ready for work. The two girls went up stairs, and Sammi helped Star get ready. Star did her make-up while Sammi straightened her hair. Star changed into her uniform, and Sammi took her to work.

She pulled up to the back of the store to drop Star off. "Thanks for the ride Sammi."

"Anytime, I'll be back to pick you up at 9."

"Okay thanks," Star said getting out if the car, waving, and walking inside.

"Hey, AJ!" Star yelled seeing im working at his station.

"Hey," he called back checking a women out.

Star went to the office and checked in. Then went to her usual station 3 beside AJ. She turned her number on so that others would know she was open.

"DId you work over time today?" Star asked.

"Have a nice day...." AJ turned around to look at Star," Yeah I worked first too."

"Wow you must be tired," Star said.

"Eh, I've had 3 monsters and 5 cups of coffee. So, I'm fired up for now," AJ said laughing.

Star laughed then started checking people out. She and AJ worked for 3 hours none stop. There was a big crowd that day. They went and took a break at 6:00. They had 30 minutes on their hands.

They both went outside to the back of the store. AJ pulled out a cigerette pack and lit one. "You smoke?" he asked Star offering her a cigerette. She shook her head. "Oh well, I hope you don't mind that I do," AJ said nerviously.

Star laughed," No not at all. The guy I live with smokes too." 

AJ looked at her a little confused. He wondered if this "guy" was a boyfriend, but he just brushed it off not wanting to cause any trouble. "Oh... okay, well are we still on for Friday night?"

Star looked at him and smiled," Um... yeah I think so..." 

AJ laughed," Awesome."

They talked a little more. Star had brought some stuff to eat, and shared some with AJ. They finished eating, and AJ finished his second cigerette. Then they both went back inside to get back to work.