Chapter 9

Andy left and Star was getting ready for work. Today Sammi was going to take her to work again. The second she finished getting ready Sammi pulled up and honked the horn. Star ran outside and hoped in the car.

Sammi took her to work, they said bye, and star went inside. AJ was already there ringing up groceries for customers.

AJ and Star both said "Hi," then went straight to work. They both worked until 6 then took their usual break.

"So where are we going tomorrow?" Star asked making conversation as they sat outside.

AJ laughed," Well, that's a surprise."

Star laughed,"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because then that would ruin the surprise," AJ replied.

Star laughed," Well that's not fair."

AJ shrugged," I'm still not gonna tell you."

He and Star laughed. "Fine," she replied giving up. He laughed.

"So, I'll pick you up around 7. If that's okay with you?" AJ asked.

"Sounds great," Star replied smiling.

AJ finished one last cigarette and they both went back inside. They got to work, and did not stop until their shift was over.

At 9 they both walked out of the store and into the parking lot. Star looked around not seeing any familiar car.

AJ noticed that she was looking a bit worried. "Do you need a ride?"

Star looked at him and smiled. Then she looked over the parking lot one more time, and then saw that Andy had just pulled up. "Oh no, there he is, but thanks for the offer."

AJ smiled at her then looked over at Andy. He was starring out the window at him. This kind if creeped AJ out. He looked away from Andy and back at Star. "Yeah, anytime. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Star laughed," Yep, see ya."

AJ left, and Star went to get in the car with Andy. She slid into the passenger side, shut the door, and smiled brightly at him.

He looked at her and smiled back," Well it looks like you've had a good day."

Star laughed and nodded," Yeah, what about you?"

Andy turned onto the road and they stopped at a red light," It was the same as usual. Working hard to get this record done for the fans."

Star nodded," Yeah I bet they can't wait....I can't wait."

Andy laughed at her comment. Then they went into a dead silence. This was making Star feel a little awkward, and Andy noticed it by the way she moved in her seat. He decided to make conversation," So... you've got that date tomorrow, right?"

Star smiled and nodded," Yeah."

Andy nodded," Well are we still on for Saturday?"

"Of fucking course!" Star laughed. Andy returned her comment with a laugh.