24/7

>December<

(Zach's POV)

I think about her all the time. Her voice, her smile, the way she lights up the room. My heart beats at least 10 times faster when she's around and I never get sick of it. We've had a lot of ups and downs in these past few months, but we're finally celebrating our one year tomorrow. I still struggle to understand how I got so lucky with her. I know I almost ruined everything a few months back, but we've since gotten over that together. With the EP released finally and another one on the way, things are looking up for the boys and I. On the other hand, Against The Current has also been extremely busy, but I wanted to surprise Chrissy for our anniversary anyway. I know she'll be super happy once she sees what I have planned. I mean.. I don't quite know what I want to do just yet, but it'll come to me.. hopefully.

(Chrissy's POV)

I'm so excited for tomorrow! Something tells me that Zach is going to surprise me, but I don't want to get my hopes up because he doesn't usually go all out for these types of things. "Don't stress too much," Nicole told me. "He's my best friend, and I know that he's going to do something really cool, just wait." Oh well. One thing's for sure is that I'm going to get him an amazing gift. "Dude, wtf? I'm totally getting this!" I told the girls as we browsed around Goodwill and I came across a super cute bag. "That's cute, but I don't think it's his color." We both laughed and I put the bag back. "You're right, he's never struck me as a blue kind of boy."

*A few hours later*

(Zach's POV)

The windows were down as I drove through the streets of Downtown LA, nearly dying of heat stroke. I don't know why it's so hot in the winter, but remind myself that winter doesn't exist in California. I need to plan something for my anniversary with Crisp- I mean, Chrissy. The boys have so many nicknames for her I sometimes forget her real one. It's ok though, because at least I never forget that she's my girl. The same girl who always messes with my guitars every time she comes over, and the same girl who never gets tired of seeing me. I get that she loves me, but it's confusing. I mess up so often and she's still by my side. Maybe I'll take her to the beach tomorrow. She's always wanted to watch the sunrise there and we've never been able to. I just hope she'll be willing to wake up before the sun does. I probably won't get any sleep just 'cause of the excitement. We'll see what happens.

(Chrissy's POV)

The girls dropped me off at my apartment about an hour ago and Zach hasn't reached out to me all day. Whatever, I'm not gonna stress about it because I know that he'll come through. Ooh, someone's at the door! "Coming!" I yelled out. I ran and opened it as quickly as I could. "What up, Kyle?" Dan said while holding up a bag of Chilli's take out. "Oh," I said with a sigh, "it's you." "Nice to see you too." He said as I let him in. "Sorry. I'm just low key stressed because I don't know what to get Zach for our anniversary tomorrow." He raised an eyebrow and dug through the bag. "Damn, it's been a year already?" I nodded my head and soon my stressful frown turned into a smile. "Well, you know he's a nerd like you so get him a game for his Nintendo." Hmm, an accurate point to make and a good suggestion, but I want to get something more meaningful. "You make a good point, but I think I know what to do." "Oh no," he said with a concerned look, "you're doing that thing. That weird Chrissy thing. Please tell me you're not gonna do something regrettable and then call me up the following day crying." I scoffed and pointed my finger at him. "No, no my friend. The only tears I'll be sheding are tears of joy and success." He shrugged and took a bite of his burger. "Tears are still tears. If he hurts you, I'll hurt him." I chuckled and stole a fry from his bag. "Yeah ok, the last thing I want are my favorite boys hurting each other. This isn't Twilight, Daniel." He flipped me off for addressing him by his full name and smiled right after. He loves me, it's fine.

(A/N): Whoo! Happy (late) New Year to all of our readers. Thanks for helping us pass 200 reads and enjoying this story so far. Junior year has been beating us up a bit, but true trash cans such as ourselves never neglect a ship. Expect more updates soon!

xxsmalls