Bittersweet Realizations

*back in Miami*

11:33 pm

(Chrissy's POV)

I looked over at Zach who was unloading the bags from the car, including an overflow of souvenirs from Disney World. I shook my head while still smiling and put my backpack on. "Don't you have Disneyland in California?" I asked him. "Yeah babe, but this was Disney World. There's a difference." I guess. We took the elevator up to my floor and I jumped into the boys arms when Dan opened the door. "I see that somebody missed us." They said hi to Zach and invited him in for a while, but he said that he had to get back to his own band. "Can I steal her for just a few more seconds?" He asked them. They have him the okay sign and he took me just outside the door. "I had so much fun with you these past few days. I can't believe we have to go back tomorrow." When he reminded me of that, my heart sank a little. "I know, like how did we get so close just to have to separate again?" I looked down, trying to avoid making eye contact, but he held my chin up. "Chrissy, come on, don't think like that. We can make it work." He said. "How? I live on the east coast and you live on the west coast." He sighed and checked his phone. "Baby, distance doesn't matter if we care about each other enough. I'm not going to let you down if that's what you're worried about." I gave him a look and he returned it back to me. "Yeah I hang out with a lot of girls, but you're the only one I could ever kiss and cuddle with. You know all that romantic sh*t. I promise I'm not gonna f*ck this up." I hugged him and he set his head on my shoulder. "I know you won't, I'm just being emo 'cause I know I'm gonna miss you a lot." Why is this suddenly becoming so difficult?

Zach's POV

I took the elevator down and tried my hardest not to tear up a little. I really don't wanna mess up or screw her over. It's not like I don't trust myself, I just really want to be the best for her. Haven't been with anyone in a while and I really think that Chrissy could be the one. Maybe I'll take her home to my mom one of these days. Wonder what her parents would think of me. Whatever.. I'm not gonna over think anymore. I just gotta enjoy what I have right now.

12: 46 am

Chrissy's POV

I can't wait to go back home in the morning, but I'm still gonna miss being here. My flight leaves at 7:15 and Zach's leaves at 11:30 so we wouldn't be able to see each other anyway. Right now, those last few moments we shared in the hallway, were the last ones we would have for months. I really hope he's gonna be ok. I really do love the neighbourhood and can't wait for their new music. I hope our paths will cross more often. I put on my pajamas and got into bed, saying good night to the boys and turned off my bedside lamp. This really was a memorable experience, from the concerts we played to all the new people we met, I'm definitely not taking this for granted. Now if I could just go to sleep, that would be great.

Zach's POV

I walked into the hotel room and all were passed out except for one, Jesse. "How was your trip? Did you have fun? Are you guys official?"  I set my stuff down by my bed and sat at the edge. "The trip was really fun, I brought things for all of you. And yes, we are official now. Chrissy is my girlfriend." Damn, feels weird to say out loud, but like a good weird. "Nice! Aww, I'm so proud of you." He told me with a hug. I smiled through it despite feeling smothered and laid down on the bed. "Thanks dude. Ughh, I'm gonna feel hella tired in the morning if I don't sleep right now, so good night." I sunk deeper into the bed and thought about Chrissy again. Everything is going to be just fine.

(A/N) sorry this chapter was a bit short. I hope you are all enjoying this story, and thank you for all the reads, on behalf of all of us.
XX SMALLS