Shit's About to Hit the Fan

Sunlight peeked through the cracks between my blinds. The sounds of birds chirping filled my ears. I rose from my bed actually feeling... rested. These past 4 days, knowing that Alex and Tyler are safe have given me the ability to actually get some rest. They have been working their way through Italy, slowly making their way out of the country. They have already almost made it to Milan. We decided once they hit Switzerland we'll have a plane waiting for them to bring them home. By the end of the day today Alex and Tyler should be on their way back to America and away from these crazy people. I can't believe this is actually going to happen. I feel like it has been ages since they were taken. I'm so relieved that I'm going to have them back here with me after all this time.

When they do get home, it'll be the first time I will have seen them in over a year. What do I say to them? How do I react? How do I tell them how sorry I am for dragging them into all of this mess? I don't know what I'm going to do when they do get here, but all I know is that I am more than ready to be absolutely certain that they are safe and sound. I don't care if they don't want anything else to do with me. In fact, I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to pretend as if I never existed. I'd be okay with that. All I ever wanted for them was happiness.

Nevermind all of that. I will cross that bridge when they get here. In the meantime, I need to be preparing for their arrival. Of course, they are probably going to need medical attention. They have endured multiple beatings, that I am away of, and who knows what else might have happened to them. These people could have performed medical tests on them like they were lab rats. Along with that, maybe some psychological evaluations. I mean, however bad Dr. Quinn was, it was helpful to have someone to talk to, even if that person was trying to get you to kill yourself. So, physical and psychological evaluations. They are also going to need somewhere to stay. We can't just let them go back to where they were living before that's foolish. These monsters probably know everything about them including where they live. With that being said they are going to need 24 hour protective services. You know, just until these people are caught and arrested for what they've done. Then Tyler can go back to living his life at school and Alex can resume his position as leader of the Circle. It's perfect.

I haven't heard from them since yesterday afternoon. I should check on them to see where they are and how they are doing. I know I probably sound a little paranoid, but I'm not going to stop worrying until I see them right in front of me. I want to physically feel them. Touch their faces and hug them and know with absolute certainty that they are okay. I just need them to be okay. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages. I got one from them around 11 p.m. last night, which is around 7 a.m their time.

Ela, we've just reached the train station in Milan. We are waiting to board a train to Switzerland. Then we have a safe house there that we will wait at until you can come get us. As soon as we get on the train we are about an hour ride to freedom. We'll see you soon. –Alex

A smile rose to my face. Oh man, oh man. They are so close. They are probably there now, but they are probably sleeping. They have to be exhausted from their travels, but they made it. They escaped and they are going to be here with me soon enough. They are going to be here. I need to hurry up on the preparations. They need to get out of there as soon as possible. Jade and Jake have been helping a lot in that aspect. Dee, well, they sent Dee out on a mission. Jade and Jake think they might be sending them on a mission soon too. I think they are trying to strip me of my little army of helpers, but it's okay. If anything needs to happen I'm going to go, with or without them.

I opened my laptop and an email notification popped up on my screen. I clicked on it.

Unknown Sender November 26, 2018 at 3:45 AM