Truth

Chapter 22.

When Julia came walking in through the door carrying Diamond and looking as exhausted as she did beautiful, I wasn't sure whether I should be relieved or nervous.

"How did it go?" I asked as I walked towards them. I tried to hide my fear by masking it with a smile.

"It was uh, interesting I guess," she responded and put Diamond down. She wouldn't meet my eyes. "How about those invitations?"

I shrugged and gestured to the finished pile. Her eyes went wide.

"You actually did it? That's amazing!" She beamed at me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "You know I love you, right Niall?"

I chuckled and held her waist. "If you didn't love me, we wouldn't have a child and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be getting married."

"That's probably true." She slid her hands into my hair and I let out a shaky breath. All she had to do was touch me and she had me under a spell.

"Why do you ask?" I questioned as she leaned in closer.

"No reason. I just wanted to make sure that you'd be with me even if we did go through some, uh, how should I put this, rough patches?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of course I would," I leaned into her and whispered into her ear, sending shivers down her spine, "I would follow you to the ends of the Earth."

I began to softly nip at her exposed neck. She bit her lip in pleasure and tugged at my hair.

"Kiss me you idiot," Julia whispered and pulled my lips to hers. I gladly kissed her with passion. She lit uncontrollable fires deep within me that brought out a wild side. A side of me I was almost frightened of.

After what seemed like seconds but was probably much more, Diamond started screaming.

Julia awkwardly pulled away and shoved her hands in her back pockets. She bit her lip and looked at the ground. "I guess I better go take care of her."

"That's fine. I'll be waiting," I waggled my eyebrows at her, causing a giggle to escape her.

I watched her walk away, her long brown hair swishing across her back.

It made me think.

Would I really follow her to the ends of the Earth? Even if I knew that when we got where we were going, she wouldn't want me?

Would I really follow her if I found out our relationship was a lie?

Would I really continue to be a loving father if Diamond wasn't mine?

I pulled my eyes away and turned towards the window.

There was only one way to find out and that was to ask her myself.

-------

*Julia's POV*

When would I ever be able to tell Niall about Harry?

It wasn't like I could just walk up to him, with his sparkly eyes filled with hope, and tell him that I'd cheated and I'd lied about Diamond.

I admit that I was surprised that he finished the invitations. That was a plus.

And good gracious could he kiss. I almost wished we could have done it right there and then but it's kind of hard to have sex when you have a kid watching you.

I took care of Diamond and then sat on my bed, my head in my hands.

I didn't hear him when he knocked the first time. I don't think I heard him when he knocked the second time either.

"Princess? Are you okay?" his soft lilting Irish accent wafted over me and I just wanted to cry.

"I'm fine," I said but it was muffled because I said it through my hands.

I heard him walk over to me. "No you're not. Tell me what's wrong?"

"You'll hate me," I replied.

He sat next to me on the bed and scooted me over so I was on on his lap, facing him. He stared deep into my eyes. "I could never hate you, Jules."

I stared off into space for a second before deciding that it was now or never.

"Do you remember that night when you were out and you came back and found me drunk?" I asked, deciding to start at the beginning.

His forehead crinkled as he tried to remember. "I think I do. Why do you ask?"

I took a deep breath. "Well, Harry and I-"

"Hold on. Harry is in this?" He practically shoved me off his lap. "What are you trying to tell me?" His voice rose. "What are you trying to tell me?" Niall yelled again when I didn't answer right away.

I backed up against the wall and slowly slid down it, covering me face with my hands. I couldn't bear to see the pain in his eyes.

"Julia," he lowered his voice to barely a whisper, and I could hear the gears turning in his head. "I'm the father, right?" I could practically see the tears threatening to spill out of his eyes at any moment.

I glanced up at him, trying to tell him without speaking and in that moment, Diamond decided to cry. It was probably because Niall had woken her up by yelling.

Niall looked back at me and I could see the pieces clicking together one by one. His beautiful blue eyes widened until they were the size of dinner plates.

All he could squeak out was, "she's not mine is she?"

I just sobbed and shook my head, letting the darkness in that had been pounding on my front door since day one.

-------

A/N

I know everyone hates me now cuz I ended this chapter on a pretty major cliffhanger. ;)

Sorry :) jk #sorrynotsorry

ily guys!

We have to get like 30 more reads and then we're at 1K!

Yay!

Shoutout to the girl who messaged me and begged me to update this story quickly because she couldn't handle the suspense! You know who you are ;) She's part of the reason I decided to update quickly!

Thank you!

V o t e

C o m m e n t

- J x x