Mystery

Chapter 17.

*Niall's POV*

I found her waiting at the corner of the street. I couldn't deny that she looked absolutely gorgeous, but I also couldn't deny all of the betrayal I felt.

She saw my car and subtly waved to me. I swiftly picked her up and she took off her sunglasses as soon as she sat down.

"I found a very pretty dress! How was shopping with Lou?" She was all peppy. Why was she acting like she knew nothing? I'm just going to play her game until I've caught her in the perfect trap.

"It was fine. How was Maddeline and Hallie?" I asked, as I maneuvered around the small streets.

"They were a big help," she flashed me a smile. "Is something wrong Ni?" she must have sensed my anger or discomfort or something.

"Nope. I'm just dandy," I said through clenched teeth.

"No you're not. Tell me what's wrong," she demanded, as she saw past my lie.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it," I told her again, not ready to discuss my problems in a car.

"Stop lying to me! We are supposed to discuss our problems! We're not supposed to lie to each other!" She practically screamed at me.

"Fine!" I shouted, probably scaring the shit out of her but I didn't give a fuck. If she hadn't donated that money, this wouldn't be happening. If she wouldn't have broken her promise, this wouldn't be happening.

I pulled over to a park and got out. I went and stood at a picnic table. She timidly followed behind me.

I angrily ran my fingers through my hair, pacing back and forth while she nervously sat at the picnic table.

"Are you sure you don't know anything?" I asked, wanting to see if she'd lie again.

"Not that I'm aware of," she answered. There she fucking goes again. Lying and shit.

"So you don't know anything about the money?" I asked.

"Niall, you're really confusing me! What is going on?" she pleaded, tears threatening to spill out of her beautiful eyes.

"Stop evading my questions! Answer them!" I threw my hands in the air, sick of the games.

"What money are you talking about?" she whimpered.

"Oh not much. Maybe I'm just talking about the 700 dollars you donated to the tux store when you promised you wouldn't pay anything," I whispered angrily to her. She was so blind sometimes. How could she do that and not even remember?

I knew I was overreacting but I was angry. I was angry that she had broken a promise and now she was lying about it.

She gave me a blank look. "What?"

--------

*Julia's POV*

Niall was acting strange. First he was making no sense whatsoever and now he's talking crap.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You know? That shit ton of money you sent to pay for my tuxedo?" He edges me on through clenched teeth.

"I never sent any money. You said you wanted to pay for everything so we made a deal and I paid for the cake! What the fuck are you talking about, me paying for your tux?" I screamed, standing up.

His face registered nothing but complete shock. "So that money, wasn't from you?" he asked slowly.

"Hmm let me think. No! It wasn't from me! Why do you not believe me?" I yelled. The tears were going to start coming soon.

"I-I didn't know. I'm sorry!" He apologized.

I groaned and massaged my temples as I sat back down on the bench.

"I'm really sorry babe. I-I don't know why I thought it was you," he touched my shoulder lightly. I wanted to jerk away but I didn't.

"I guess it's okay. I owe you big time anyway," I sniffled.

"For what?" Niall asked confused.

"The 2,000 dollars," I said slowly.

"For what? Your dress?" His eyes were big circles.

I nodded.

"I never sent money," he said, his brow creased in confusion.

"Then who did? The lady said my fiancé sent it. She said you had been in there right before I came in. As I far as I know, I only have one fiancé and that's you," I thought through everything.

"Well I should hope you only have me as your fiancé," he huffed. "And wait, you said she said I was in there right before you went in?"

I nodded.

"That's impossible. There wouldn't have been enough time," he figured.

"That's what I thought," I agreed. "But then again, you are Niall Horan and you can do anything you set your mind to," I grinned at him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Although I'm dying to know who did it, I think we should set this matter aside. Deal? It'll be better for our health," Niall asked, kissing my head.

"Deal," I agreed.

--------

A/N

HARRY WHY DID YOU DO IT

you messed everything up.

We got past 500 reads! Yay! That's halfway to 1k!

Thanks guys!

I love you,

-Jules