SATURDAY JULY 12TH:

Nikki's Diary:

As of today, I have no idea what is the right thing to do anymore.

Why?
WHY?
WHY?!
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO US??

I have wanted him all these months and now I have him I might have just lost him...

One side of me is telling me that I shouldn't win this contest and continue a normal life with my friends.

But another side of me is saying, "No that's the wrong choice. This is your one chance to truly shine and become famous. This is your time to follow your dreams and to study in Paris. You will become a famous artist Nikki Maxwell, you just have to take the first step."

I know that if I chose option 2 it would help me, but it would more than hurt somebody else...

Today Brandon ❤ called me and he wanted to meet up at Fuzzy Friends. Usually I would say SQUEEEEEEE or something like that but I'm not in the mood.

It was great to see him happy again, but that wasn't for long.

BRANDON: "Nikki, can I be honest with you?"

NIKKI: "Of course Brandon ❤."

BRANDON: "Well, you see I wanted to enter the Student of Stars contest as a band. But since the rules of the tournament state that we cannot do that since it's a solo singing tournament, I really don't want to participate."

NIKKI: "*holds laughter* Is that it?"

BRANDON: "What do you mean is that it? That took a lot of courage to admit."

NIKKI: "I know it did, you're a very brave guy Brandon."

BRANDON: "Thanks, but I would say that it's the exact opposite. I have a problem that needs help taking care of."

NIKKI: "A problem? What kind of problem?"

BRANDON: "I'll tell you this secret since I love you so much. Fuzzy Friends for unknown reasons has lost several thousands of dollars and now we're in debt. Without that money, we will have to shut down. I know that if I enter that contest... I will have no chance in hell of winning it. So please Nikki, I beg you to win that tournament and help us."

Brandon explained his situation that has landed Fuzzy Friends in hot water.

NIKKI: "Brandon... I... I'm really sorry but I'm not sure if I can do that."

It felt awful to say that but it's true...

BRANDON: "Huh? But... Why not?"

NIKKI: "Because... I need that money for... Other reasons..."

I tried to explain but I knew that whatever I said, it would still hurt him.

BRANDON: "Other reasons? Okay I see... Other reasons. I'm sure that these reasons are way important than the livelihoods of my fa- this shelter."

He said changing his tone completely.

NIKKI: "There's no need to be sarcastic, I do have a justified reason."

BRANDON: "And what reason is that?"
He asked me, sounding different than usual.

NIKKI: "Well, I have been given the opportunity to study abroad in Paris. It costs a total of $500,000. So if I was to spend that money then there would be nothing left of it."

BRANDON: "Fine Nikki... whatever."

He stood up and walked towards the exit.

NIKKI: "Where are you going?"

BRANDON: "For a walk."

NIKKI: "But you haven't taken any of the dogs with you..."

He would never leave Fuzzy Friends without walking one of the dogs.

BRANDON: "I know, I want to walk alone. Goodbye Nikki."

Goodbye?!

What did he mean by goodbye?!

Was it a see you later goodbye?
OR...
Was it a farewell FOREVER goodbye?!

Either way I've hurt Brandon's feelings and we're still not in a good place right now since we're both worried about Maxwell's condition.

Maxwell is the guy who brought us together and now he's in a bad condition...
...My relationship with Brandon is too.