SUNDAY JUNE 22ND:

Nikki's Diary:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

THIS IS AMAZING!

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LUCKY I AM!

If this is a dream then I don't EVER want to wake up.

So, Trevor Chase (Yes THE Trevor Chase) called me yesterday and he had some interesting news.

T.C: "Nikki it's Trevor Chase, I'm calling because I had to speak to you urgently"

Uh oh! Usually when people have to talk to me urgently it's not a good sign. When I was in 7th grade my French teacher had to speak to me about being tardy or that time when Mom grounded me for tricking Chucky Reynolds with a trick or treat pumpkin full of worms (Hey he was the neighborhood bully okay!)

NIKKI: "What do you want to speak to me about sir? I hope that we haven't done anything wrong."

I waited for him to say something but he started laughing.

T.C: "*laughs* Done something wrong? No Nikki, you have given me my next big project idea!"

Huh?

NIKKI: "Um...thanks sir but I don't remember giving you any ideas recently."

T.C: "What do you mean? Of course you have, you're number one trending on Youtube."

NIKKI: "WHAT?!"

I yelled in horror. Because theres only one video that I can think of that involves me doing something embarassing. That video of me and Brianna singing at Queesy Cheesy! NOOOO!!!

NIKKI: "Please don't tell me that it's number one."

T.C: "Is there something wrong? You're famous, the entire internet is complimenting you guys on your singing."

NIKKI: "Well I suppose that's pretty good, Brianna would be pleased to hear that the internet is in love with her singing."

T.C: "Oh is Brianna one of your classmates?"

Okay now I'm really confused.

NIKKI: "No, Brianna is my little sister. Why would you think that she is one of my classmates sir? She's only six years old."

T.C: "Nikki I hate to break it to you but I don't see any six year olds in this video. I only see a large group of ninth graders singing and dancing to 'Don't stop believing' by Journey."

NIKKI: "Wait... Somebody recorded that?!"

T.C: "Yes of course they did, they uploaded it and it gained over 10 million views overnight. The internet now loves WCD and they think it's some school for talented singers. That gave me an idea, all you have to do is accept it."

NIKKI: "Okay sir, I'm listening."

T.C: "My idea is a singing contest...starring everyone of Westchester Country Day and then some that is willing to participate."

NIKKI: "Wow sir, I LOVE IT!"

T.C: "I knew you would, and the prize for the winner is a grand total of 50,000 dollars."

I spat out my Hawaiian fruit punch and stained my favorite bed sheets.

NIKKI: "50,000 DOLLARS?!"

T.C: "Well of course, this just what the winner will need to propel them into super-stardom."

Imagine what I could do with that kind of money. That would cover my entire college tuition, and art camp for the next 4 years!

NIKKI: "I accept. But, what about our plan to open for the Bad Boyz tour?"

T.C: "That will have to be changed. Between you and me the Bad Boyz have been rather disfunctional as of late."

NIKKI: "Really? But they're inseperable! Nicholas is always talking about how they're one big happy family."

T.C: "I'd like to believe that too. I think they're just tired of overexherting themselves. Which is why I'm cancelling their tour of America."

NIKKI: "That's too bad, our band was so excited about touring the nation. And performing in front of thousands."

T.C: "It's not all bad Nikki. Because I have an idea."

NIKKI: "You do?"

T.C: "First rule of showbiz kid is to always have a backup plan. And it just so happens that a stadium in Miami, Florida is still expecting a performance."

NIKKI: "M-Miami?!"

T.C: "Nikki, I like you. And for raising over $8000 for Kidz Rockin' charity and giving me my next big idea, I want you and your band to go on an all expenses paid vacation."

I spat out yet ANOTHER mouthful of Hawaiian fruit punch.

NIKKI: "Really?!"

T.C: "On one condition, you and your band must perform at the now vacant stadium. I've madr arrangements for other bands I manage to perform in the other venues nationwide but yours would be perfect for the Miami atmosphere."

NIKKI: "We'll do it! Thank you so much sir! This is amazing, I actually moved to Westchester from Miami last year."

T.C:" I guess you could call yourself a homecoming queen. I've already told your fellow band members and they've all accepted... except for Violet. She apologizes but she has been preparing for weeks for a national piano recital in Manhattan. It's no use letting this space go to waste because I'm giving you the opportunity to bring one of your other friends along."

NIKKI: "I think I know someone who would be very happy with this offer sir, I'll call them and ask them right away."

T.C: "Looks like you're already twelve steps ahead of me Nikki."

NIKKI: "One last thing... What are we going to do without Violet? We can't perform without someone on keyboard."

T.C: "Don't worry about it, I know a bright student that's a Mozart in the making. He will meet you before your concert."

NIKKI: "Thanks Mr. Chase."

T.C: "Please, Mr. Chase is my father's name. Call me Trevor, or better yet T.C will do. Okay, farewell Nikki. The plane will land at Westchester airport 10:00am on Monday, your parents already have given you permission and the vacation is for 2 weeks, enjoy."

I can't believe that I will be going...home!

And my friend that I had in mind has already accepted!

THIS. IS. GOING. TO. BE. THE. BEST. SUMMER. EVER!!!