WEDNESDAY JULY 9TH:

Narrative Diary:

The news wasn't good at all.

Another ambulance gradually arrived at the scene and carried the patient into it.

The next day one patient woke up in hospital feeling okay, the other didn't.

NIKKI: "Wait... Where am I?"

Nikki asked as she woke up.

BRANDON: "You're awake, that's the best news I've heard all day..."

Brandon said as he sat at her bedside.

NIKKI: "BRANDON?! You didn't... See me sleeping did you?"

Nikki asked blushing a bright red.

BRANDON: "Kinda, I wouldn't leave your bedside until I knew that you would be okay. You sure do snore a lot though."

NIKKI: "I DO NOT!"

Nikki yelled in embarrassment.

Usually Brandon would laugh at a time like this, but something was bothering him. Something happened that he now feels guilty for.

NIKKI: "Brandon... What's wrong?"

BRANDON: "I'm sorry to drop this on you as soon as you've awakened but... You're not the only patient here."

The red face of Nikki turned a pale white at the sudden memory of a scene from the previous night. Her BFFs Chloe and Zoey had arrived completely unharmed, but they were the bearers of bad news.

NIKKI: "No...You don't mean that..."

BRANDON: "I'm sorry, but... Maxwell is also here."

NIKKI: "No...no...no... this can't be happening... this is all some twisted bad dream. I just fell asleep on the plane and when I wake up I'll be back in Westchester."

BRANDON: "I wish it was that easy, but I would never lie to you Nikki. I wish that it was but it's true Maxwell is here."

NIKKI: "Oh... How bad is his condition?"

BRANDON: "Pretty bad. They've ran a thorough diagnosis and fortunately he's still alive. But the bad news is that he is in an intensive coma."

NIKKI: "No...For how long...will he be in this coma?"

BRANDON: "They don't know. He could surprise everyone and wake up as early as next week. Or he might never wake up."

NIKKI: "STOP IT! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!"

Nikki yelled as the tears started to pour down her face.

BRANDON: "Neither do I, but Trevor Chase was in contact and he said that he would cover both of your medical bills. Besides we can't let something like this ruin us. We have a contest to win and we must focus on that. I'm sure that Maxwell would say something like that to you at a time like this. He cares about you..."

But even though he delivered a speech of determination, he felt a guilt inside of him that would not vanish. He was the one who abandoned Maxwell in combat and left him all alone to face 6 henchmen at once. Even for a trained fighter like Maxwell the numbers game was far too overwhelming for him.

NIKKI: "I guess you're right. I'm sure that we can do this... For Maxwell." Nikki said but she knew that it's not possible for the band to compete due to the rules. Solo singers only.

BRANDON: "That's the spirit, we have a plane to catch tomorrow."
Brandon said as he used all of his strength to smile.