FRIDAY JULY 4TH:

Brandon's Journal:

I just love the 4th of July.

The firework shows every year are great fun to watch and are even better to watch at a party with friends or family.

Unfortunately, the 4th of July isn't a great time for pets since they don't like the explosions of the fireworks and therefore have to be locked inside their home.

And it is NOT pretty when you run an animal rescue place which is full of cats and dogs. Those guys are usually terrified at this time of year and it's hard to get them all inside before some family start shooting up the first firework as soon as the sky turns a shade darker.

I hope that Betty and Phil are okay since I can't help them with that this year. I owe them both so, so much for all they have done for me.

Tonight was amazing, at first we decided that we were going to watch the fireworks from our balconies. But we realized that it would be no fun unless we were all together.

So, we took some blankets with us and went to the beach instead.

Me and Nikki both shared a blanket (Not in that way...) and gazed into the night sky.

That was when the fireworks started to fire. Around us the sky was illuminated with purples and yellows and blues and reds and every color you could think of.

I held hands with Nikki as the sky lit around us. She is everything to me and I hope that our relationship will last forever. I hope that high school won't tear us apart and I hope that as a band we can win Trevor Chase's singing contest.

But hope can quickly turn into despair at an instant. So maybe I'm being too hopeful.

But who could blame me for having such high hopes, since the sky is painted with it tonight.