Chapter 28

HAYLEE POV

I spent the rest of the day in the Art room and Mr. Brody kept tell me to just call him Michael. I finally started to as got annoyed with him telling me every time I said Mr. Brody. I been working on my sketch book and Mr. Brody or I mean Michael keep walking by trying to fix everything that he thought didn't look right. I finally had enough of him.

"Michael shut up and let me draw." I snapped as everyone looked in my direction.

"Sorry..." He whispered as he walked away looking down.

I felt bad I didn't mean to snap that loudly at him. I watch him walk all the way back to his desk. After a few minutes the bell ranging ending six period. Everyone left but me and Michael got up and walked back over to me.

"You good now?" He said sternly.

I gave him a confused looked before nodding yes. He sat down in front me and turned the drawing towards him as he looked at it. Every now and then he'd get confused but it'd go away pretty fast.

"I like half of the story you're telling.." He said setting it back down.

"Oh really?" I said as I looked down at it. It was based of a true story so I confused how he didn't like the rest. It was off Asher and mine relationship our falling out and today us reconnecting.

"Yeah. Mushy mushy love. There's always stuff like this in contests about love. Or just scraping the surface." He was still looking at the drawing.

"I don't normal draw about love because it rarely happens." I said as I flipped my sketchbook over showing one of a little girl sitting in a dark corner alone.

"Explain." He Said softly looking at it.

"She alone in the world and she sitting in a corner of a broken house because her parents are always yelling." I said deciding to not use first person even though it about me.

"Put emotion into it. It just looks like the girl is sitting alone. In a dark corner. Give the house or corner some wear and tear. The girls face needs more oomph." He said getting real into what he was saying

"Well duh, I never said I was finish with it." I said sternly as I was getting annoyed again.

"You do that first and build off of it." He said more sternly than I did, I continued to work as more student walked. He sat there watching me for most of the class expected when other student had a question. At the end of the period I finish and it looked like it could be a black and white photograph.

"Better." Was all Michael had to say before walking back to his desk. That made me mad because I looked around I one of the best artist here all I got was better. I rolled my eyes at him before putting away everything I was using and walking to the exit. He just made art not fun and not relaxing that's the whole point I do it. Not for people to be judged or tell how I should draw it. I was starting to see why Kayla left.

"Don't forget. No school tomorrow." Michael yelled as I walked out the door and slamming it behind me.

I walked down the hall for a while until I got tried. I found a empty classroom and went into it. I walked over the windows pulling a desk behind me I push it up against the wall before sitting on top of it. I pulled out my sketch and sketch the view. The clouds were pretty and so were the birds falling around and the flowers around the one big tree. After sketching for a while I hear the door shut and someone walked in.

"Well isn't it the brat we have here." I heard Levi voice come out. It may me grit my teeth. I sat down my pencil and sketch book and turned around.