Chapter 27

MIKAYLA POV

I sat in the Diner in my usual seat as I watched all the old folk eat and chat. This diner was really old and not a lot of people come to it unless they were with me. An older couple smiled at me and waved. They were always here. Always eating their cinnamon and apple oatmeal. I watched the door until a glass of water was placed in front of me. I looked up to see The waiter smiling at me. His eyes were bright blue and his pearly whites were hidden behind a set of braces. He handed me the menu smiled again and left.

That was my favorite part about this place. No one'll truly talk to you unless they're the owners. I set the menu down and layed my head down on the table and closed my eyes. I thought a bit more about everything that was going on. The band, the professional band, Matt, and the relationship with my mother. I started drifting off to my mom and how she treated me when I was younger. She'd pick me up and slam me against the door and hit me until I was unconscious. I was watching a memory of one of the times flash by when someone gently pulled on my hair. I groaned and looked up to see Matt.

"Sit down," I ordered looking him up and down. "So I'm a whore now?"

He sat down and gave me a weird look. "What are you talking about?"
"You're the one that said it. What's going on with you?" I asked rolling my eyes leaning back in the booth.

"No I didn't, And what do you mean by what's going on with me?" He asked as he looked at me confused then furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the table thinking.

"All the drinking, smoking, letting Jessica even near my house. Ringing any bells?" I asked pulling my legs onto the booth chair.

"Drinking and smoking is fun and a nice release and once I fell under Jessica control it hard to shake it off." He mumbled the last part as he looked up at me then quickly back at the table. He was trying to hide his face which holds all his emotion.

"Lies." I whispered watching him.

He looked at me and open then closed his mouth, I could see the hurt in his eyes just bit his lips shook his head and looked back down.

"Haylee said she had three days until she told me something. Any comment, Matthew?" I said starting to get agitated.

He looked up with watery eyes. "I screwed up bad this time, I know once I tell you, you'll never look at me the same." He whispered as his voice cracks before looking back down. His legs were now bouncing up and down like crazy.

"Yeah. Is that why you told laura I was a whore?" I asked tilting my head. "Because that's news to me Matthew." I whispered the last part as the waiter came up to our table with a bottle of beer for Matt and his usual dish. Such a pity that's going to go to waste. I watched Matt look down into his food. "I can tell Haylee to tell me tomorrow if you can't tell me now."

He looked up at me then back to his food and I could he didn't want it anymore that he had lost his appetite. "No I want to tell it. It's better to come from me then her." He whisper as he let out a shaky breath and then looked back at the food.

"Are you a hundred percent sure with that?" I asked softly. He knows how bad my temper can get with him verses with other people.

He nodded and looked up at me with tears now streaming down his face. "I slept with Jessica."

My heart fell but the smile on my face never grew so big. Why was I smiling, I don't know but everything in me felt so numb and I just stared at him with my smile like It was the only thing I had left. Everything was numb and felt like you'd feel when you found out your dog had died or the feeling you get when you go down a hill on a roller coaster. My legs pushed themselves up and out of the booth as I made my way to the bathroom. I felt like I was gliding on air and nothing was truly around me. Like I was in a dream where nothing really mattered.