Chapter 3

I rolled my eyes then opened the door to my house and could hear my dad yelling and banging on his door. I took off my shoes and made my way up to his door. I unlocked it and opened it. He pinned me against the wall and growled down at me

"Let me go, Dad.." I whispered trying not to let my voice crack.

"No you little bitch. First, you let people into my house then you lock me in my room like I'm a fucking zoo animal!" He shouted as the smell of alcohol filled the air around my face.

I tried to sink into the wall as much as I could before he threw me down the stairs. Once I got down to the bottom of the steps I laid there as footsteps came running down. I quickly stood up and limped into the living room. I made it to the house phone that as at the far end of the couch. I picked it up and quickly dialed Andrew's number but before I could put the phone to my ear I was being thrown to the ground again and being pinned down. I could hear the phone ringing waiting for him to pick up. I looked up at my dad who's face was bright red. He held my arms above my head and pulled his fist back to hit me.

"Dad chill out! Get off of me!" I yelled trying to push him off. He ignored me and punched me in the nose then into my lip. His punches got really sloppy after a while, but never lost the power he used to throw them down at me. I flinched again as he went to hit me again but instead he was tackled off of me. I quickly moved to the wall as I saw Andrew taking my dad to the floor and knocking him out with one punch. He sat next to my dad and felt for his pulse before looking at me. I pulled my knees up to my chest and kept trying to push myself into the wall.

"I-I didn't ha-have enough time to g-get to my room.." I whispered wrapping my hands around my head

"It's okay let's clean you up." He said he pick me once we were in my bathroom he looked for the first aid. "Where my son?"

"With H-Haylee and A-Adam.," I whispered out pointing to the small closet in my bathroom.

He grabbed the first aid kit out of the closet walked over to me. He looked at my face probably to see what to fix first. He started to work on my nose first he had to get it to stop bleeding. "I learn something new about Haylee." He simply as he tried to be careful not to cause me more pain.

"Don't tell me unless she want's me knowing" I whispered closing my eyes as he got closer to them.

"I didn't learn from her and I don't know if she wants to know. It was just a little bit of information on her family." He said

"Mom's a doctor that never comes home and is divorced from an abusive drunk," I said practically quoting Jake.

"He isn't just abusive when he drunk. I don't want you to meet this man never ever. I don't care if she wants you to." He said sternly.

"She doesn't even like talking about him why would she want me to meet him," I say as I flinch from him pressing really hard on my nose

"Her dad just recently got unsupervised visiting dates with them." He said he started to wipe away all the blood of my face.

"And? This has to do with me why?" I asked grabbing his hand because his touch stayed heavy on my face.

"If she ever asked you to come with just say no. You already have enough problems." He said as he gave me a sorry look.

"If I want to protect my friend then I'm gonna go. I'll be fine." I said grabbing a towel off of my sink counter and gently dabbed it along my face to get some of the blood off.

"I don't think you should have to protect her she does have an older brother she will be fine. Just worry about yourself." He said as he sat down on the towel.