Chapter 11

Mikayla's POV

The footsteps quieted down some and all I could hear now was my heart beat and the metal gently hitting the bed frame. I kept an arm over my head and stayed like that for a while. I heard footsteps come down the steps and I just tightened my body into a ball ignoring the pain going through my body. I Pushed my body against the nightstand.

"Hey, you okay?" Adam soft voice came from the door.

"G-g-go away..." I whispered trying to hide more.

"Oook." He said as he turned around and walked out.

I looked up through my hair and a soft sob escaped my lips. I took a deep breath and gave up on holding it in. I grabbed a pillow from my bed and shoved my face into it as I cried. I don't know how long I was crying but it felt like ages before someone undid the handcuffs and pulled me into their side. I grabbed the person's shirt and pulled myself closer.

"Hush... It's okay you're going to be okay." Adam voice came out very soft and slightly under a whisper.

"I fucked up... I should've just stayed at home.." I said through sobs as my breathing became faster.

"What do you mean by that. Stay at home and bleed out?" He asked very calmly and quietly as he made me looked up at him.

I nodded avoiding his eyes. That's exactly what I meant. I didn't want to be here. I just wanted to give up already.

"I will be right back." He said as he softly kissed my forehead. I heard him walk out of the house. A few minutes the door open again but I heard two people walking instead of one.

I stayed laying down and holding onto the pillow. I kept my face in it and my heart beat drowned out all the sound. So when was gently lifted up it scared me and I sat up quickly.

"Hey it okay it just me," Sarina whispered.

"W-why are you here..." I whispered remembering seeing someone in her room.

"Adam said you need support he won't tell me what happened." She played with my hair.

"Y-y-you were in your room..." I said shaking my head and trying to back away

"No, I've been at the gym." She said quietly.

"T-then... " I whispered thinking. "Your mom know's..." I whispered still trying to back away.

"Ahh, I bet she wasn't paying attention if she was in my room she was doing my laundry and listening to music." She said softly.

"It's not fair... I want to be done with this.." I whispered to myself

"What do you mean by that." She said in a more stern voice.

"I want to be done with life. I can't do this anymore." I said starting to undo my bandage.

"My older sister committed suicide last year. I don't need to lose anyone else got it. You will be fine. You can stay at my house if you ever need to. Keys under the mat." She said as tears came to her eyes.

"She'd talk to me through the windows... " I whispered continuing to unwrap my arm.

"Did you notice that she stop talking to you." She asked quietly.

"The last thing she said was sorry.." I whispered back looking down at my arm. It didn't have actual stitches on it. Just butterfly stitches.

"Small world huh." She said trying to end the conversation. I nodded my head and traced over the ugly jagged cuts on my arm and saw one of the butterfly things was coming off, I took it off and tried to fix it, though my crying didn't help because I was shaking and the tears blurred my vision.