Chapter 40

I open my eyes and I didn't dream...

I sit up and I look at Julie's things and frown, "I'm sorry Julie.." We literally all just acted like nothing happened. She deserves so much more.. I mean we didn't have a choice for Nyx's sake we had to forget everything but still. I wonder what her father did when he noticed he killed his own daughter?

"Good morning." Evan walks into my room and kisses me quickly and sits in front of me, "Did you sleep well?"

"I mean I think so.. It was dark, I didn't dream or have any nightmares..."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"I thought I would but I feel lonely.."

"Wow only you would miss the nightmares." He laughs.

"I don't miss them.."

"You masochist." He smirks.

"I am not!" I stand up and search in my closet for clothes.

"So we have a long day today. We have to continue training.." He states.

"Not for me. I'm not going today I am going to see Nyx. Plus need some time to clear my head and regain strength..." I change and he frowns.

"Okay but before you leave is there anything you would like to tell me?" He stares at me.

"No.." I say more like a question because I'm confused.

"Are you sure?"

"Um yes?"

"So nothing happened last night?" He leans against my drawer.

"Not that I remember.."

"Okay, see you later then." He kisses me and walks out.

Does he know about my father? He probably does but just wanted me to confirm it? I get ready and I head over to the house.

"Nyx?" I yell and she comes running down the stairs and hugs me tightly.

"Yay! You're here! I was so bored the entire time and let me say this house is freaking huge!"

"I knew you wouldn't be able to control yourself." I laugh.

"Of course not I mean this house is huge and has lots of mysterious rooms."

"Well I am here now. What do you want to do?" I ask her and she shrugs..

"Maybe lets go out and walk around town and maybe get some lunch?"

"Sounds good, lets go."

We head out and go to the little mall in town and just walk around for a while and we both bought some clothes and then we got some lunch, we just really talked about random things about how we miss messing with the neighbors back in the day.

We go back home and start messing around together but we get bored and nobody is home yet and it's around 6 and we decide to walk around the woods.

"I miss Julie, she hasn't texted me back since I texted her the other day.." She frowns and I feel guilty..

"Yea maybe she got grounded or something.. Just give her time." I'm shit..

"Yea so how's everything at school?"

"Boring, Same old same old.." She laughs

"So you don't find it weird how both the guys you were hoking up with now get along so well."

"I mean I wouldn't say well..well, but at least they aren't fighting all the time.." I shrug.

"Well I still find it weird.."