68 | E V E R G L O W

•••
would you believe me
if I'd say you complete me?
•••

   "Where have you been the whole fucking day, you jerk?", Lynnea snapped after a moment of amazement.

   He chuckled. "That's my girl! Looking like a princess, talking like a drunken pirate!"

   "Does that somehow answer my question?", she asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

   "I'd something to do", he answered and shrugged, still grinning.

   "I swear, if you wouldn't be so damn sexy, I'd totally dump you", Lynnea muttered and walked over to him, placing her lips on his. "Hope it was something important, so it was worth missing almost my whole birthday."

   "I hope so, too", he said, his eyes twinkling. "I need to tell you something, Lynnie", he added, still smiling down at her.

   "Well, fire away, Freddie", she replied and tilted her head to the left.

   Suddenly the rest of his family, as well as Harry, Hermione, Remus, Tonks and Hagrid appeared in the garden, Lynnea turned around by the sound of their footsteps. Nobody was carrying anything, she looked at them confused, as they're all smiling. George winked at her, Remus shrugged and half-nodded with a smile, and Hagrid was - crying?

   "What the hell is going on here?", Lynnea asked, raising her eyebrows so high, they threatened to vanish under her hairline.

   "I love you", Fred said, making her twirl back around again. "It took me a while longer to notice, but I love you since I first saw your beautiful face in that gloomy old corridor at Grimmauld Place."

   "I love you too, Fred, but -"

   "I was an idiot", he went on talking. "I was the greatest fool walking on the ground of this planet, when I let you go. I don't even want to imagine, what I would have done, if you wouldn't have taken me back."

   "Yeah ... well ..." Lynnea was feeling a bit uncomfortable, while her friends and family were watching Fred and her with dumb grins upon their faces.

   "But I want to make sure, that something like that won't happen again", Fred spoke. "I don't want to spent another second of this life without you. And maybe we're young, and maybe it's not the best time, while there's a war going on and stuff, but hey - when, if not now?"

   "Fred, what - ?"

   And my eyes widened, when he sank down on one knee, putting his hands into his jacket. Lynnea held my breath, time seemed to have stopped, she could feel her heartbeat in my throat, feel her face flushing red. Fred took out a small box, and as he opened it, Lynnea's spinning mind noticed a small glittering object.

   "Lynnea Lilian Potter", he said, and she felt awfully dizzy, the world was spinning way to fast. "Do you want to be Mrs Fred Weasley?"

   "W-what?" She couldn't think. Like someone had turned her brain off, there was nothing. Had he really just -?

   "Will you marry me?", Fred said, chuckling.

   Lynnea stared at him. His warm caramel brown eyes, the freckles on his nose, these soft lips she could never refuse to kiss ... A thousand reasons against it were floating through her brain; the danger she'd put him in by becoming his wife was a frightening thought, and despite of that weren't they way too young? But looking into his loving face filled her with embrace, leaving no room for fear or doubts. She loved him. And she would never be able to live without him, to love anyone else. It was Fred. And it didn't matter, nothing did matter, but Fred.

   "Yes", she breathed, not sure if she'd even made a sound.

   "Excuse me?", Fred said.

   "Yes", she managed to reply a bit louder. "Yes, I mean - of course I will! Get up now, you git, I feel like my face is burning!" Lynnea laughed nervously and he laughed, too, getting back up. He softly took her hand, slowly shoving the ring onto her finger, before his warm lips met hers. Hagrid was now fully sobbing, while Lynnea was staring down at the ring; it was golden and as she watched closer, she noticed, it was shaped like a lily, with a small diamond amidst the blooms.

   "It's beautiful", she whispered.

   "It was your mother's", he replied and Lynnea froze in motion, before her gaze shot up from the ring to his face. The question that spun in her head seemed to be written on her face, because Fred added: "Remus gave it to me."

   Lynnea's questioning eyes now wandered to her godfather, who was beaming. "I got it from Lily. When she heard about Voldemort being after her and James, she handed it to me, to give it to you, in case something would happen to her. She wanted it to be your birthday present, when you get of age. As Fred told me, what he was planning, I thought it'd be a nice way to let it wander in your property."

   By now it was over with all of Lynnea's composure and her eyes were flodding with tears, cascading down her cheeks before she could even try to hold them back.

   Mrs Weasley pulled Lynnea into her arms. "Welcome to our family, Lynnea", she whispered into the girl's ear, while she sobbed against Mrs Weasley's shoulder. When she let go, Lynnea threw her arms around Remus.

"This was the best birthday present ever!", she half-laughed, half-cried, while he was stroking over her head and said: "She'd be so proud of you."

    "Well, it's not like you and Harry weren't already part of this family", said George, taking her into his arms. "But anyways, welcome to the family, kiddo!"

    "Yeah, it's like Fred's marrying his own sister", Ron laughed, drawing a disgusted face.

   "It's not like that's not something people had already accused our family to do", Mr Weasley chuckled, but fell silent after he caught his wife's death glare.

   Last of all, Harry took his sister into his arms, mumbling into her ear: "Still keen on coming with me."

   "Of course I am", she whispered back and he sighed.

   "I feared you'd say that", he said. "Even though I hoped you'd leave it."

   "Forget it, brother", Lynnea replied. "I'm the chewing gum on the soles of your shoes. We'll stick in this together."