Chapter 1 [Edited]

Start from the beginning

 "What the heck Katherine? Stop lying and apologise!" Mason scolded me.

               "Apologise for what? For saying the truth?" I retorted and he looked taken back by my answer. I rarely ever stood up for myself but it felt good. Familiar giggles filled my ears and I turned around to see Kayla approaching Colton. Her blonde hair was straightened and cascaded down her shoulder, her green eyes bright and her pink lips stood out in the sun against her fair complexion.

            "Please Katherine, you and Colton, mates?" Kayla taunted, "thanks for the entertainment but like your looks and style, it's a failure. Zero out of ten." I looked down at my jeans and grey hooded top, what was wrong with it? "Please return your clothes back to the homeless shelter where you found it," I heard people laugh and I looked away, "anyway run along with your stupid school girl crush," with that Kayla crashed her lips onto Colton's who stiffened slightly but then kissed her back. His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her in. My mate was making out with someone else in front of me. God that hurt like hell!

                 I was dragged into the mustang by Mason and he drove to the Pack House in silence until he parked in the driveway, "what the heck is wrong with you?" Mason asked as he slammed his hand on to the steering wheel and I jumped, "look at me Katherine." I looked at him, "you know how damn hard Colton has been searching for his mate. You can't say bullshit like that!" If he was searching so 'damn hard' why did he reject me so easily?

 "I wasn't lying!" I defended and saw that his eyes turned darker with rage.

         "Stop it! God, you're so pathetic, a waste of space and I am embarrassed to call you my sister. My own blood."

     "Tell me something new, Mason, you've always been embarrassed to call me your own blood"

             "Get out of the car!" I ran out of the car and into my room in the pack house, where I let all my emotions out. I screamed and cried as my wolf whimpered in pain. Without hesitating and thinking twice I got out my biggest rucksack and filled it with some clothes and necessities, then I grabbed my phone, paper and a pen.

      To the pack that made my life hell,     

I am leaving the pack, this house, this hell hole. I assure you will never have to see me again. I am leaving your life for your happiness as I heard nobody likes me even though I tried so hard to fit in I couldn't I guess that's life. Don't come looking for me it will be useless I doubt you would even look for me since I'm a waste of space and I'm pathetic. Therefore I leave your life, your house and the pack.

 -Katherine Dawson.

             I read over the note and tears fell out of my eyes. Can I actually do this? Can I actually just leave everyone? My parents? There's no going back now. I grabbed the bag, after shoving my phone in it, a jacket and the note. Then I ran into the kitchen where I grabbed some food and a bottle of water, I had left the note in the kitchen because werewolves have a big appetite so someone ought to find the note in here and then I ran.

            I hadn't bothered to run in wolf form I would be seen and my wolf is hurt it's better to leave her to take everything in. After a few minutes my phone rang, startling me, I pulled out my phone and the caller ID read 'Unknown' strange. I picked the phone up and answered, "hello?" I asked.

             "Katherine where the hell are you? This isn't funny come back home. Now!" Mason screamed through the phone. My grip on the phone tightened, I've had enough of everyone trying to control me.

                    "No!" I screamed. "No. I'm not coming back. I'm leaving you guys for good; remember I'm a waste of space, I'm pathetic and I'm a liar. Apparently I will never find my mate because I'm too damn ugly and you're ashamed to call me your sister," I whispered the last two but I'm pretty sure he heard me, he did have werewolf hearing, "so why the hell do you care what happens to me?"