Yesterday I didn't want to cause any drama, but I realized that it was simply Emma's insecurities that caused her to be like this.

''He's not yours, Vicky.'' Emma said confidently.

''It doesn't matter if he is mine or not. I care, Emma. I want to make sure he's stable.'' I cleared up.

''Louis can tell you.'' She told me. ''It's better for the both of us.''

''It's better if you shut your mouth for once and focus on yourself than me.'' I said with much irritation bleeding through my voice. ''Look, be annoying to all the people in the hospital but don't you dare to pick a fight here with me.''

Without giving her the opportunity to say anything else, I made my way out of the waiting area and walked to room 205.

My phone buzzed, and I saw the new text from Ethan.

Ethan: Sure babe. x

After I accepted the fact Ethan and I were never going to happen, I peeked inside only to see how the doctor was standing next to Harry and talking to his assistant.

Goosebumps were covering my skin as I noticed that he was awake. His evergreen eyes were focused on the doctor before they moved to the window where I was standing still. Evidently, he didn't show any emotion at first since we were both in shock that he was awake and that I was present.

I wondered what went on in his mind. He had always been incredibly unpredictable, that I didn't know if it was a good thing that he kept looking at me. But I couldn't be over-thinking everything, since my head shot to the door where the nurse was standing. With her kind eyes she stared at me.

''You can come inside, if you want to Miss.'' She said gingerly.

I gave her a short nod, and got closer.

But before I even had the chance to get inside, Emma passed me by and got inside of the room.

I stopped in my tracks and stared in front of me with a blank expression. I was glued to the ground.

It looked like everything was going in slow motion. How she was walking to his bed, the doctor stared at me with confusion, the nurse was overwhelmed by the sudden presence of Emma and Harry was focusing on Emma who walked towards him. She leaned closer and promptly pressed her lips onto his pink puckered ones.

Evidently, she acted way different whilst I was present. Like she wanted to warn me that he was only hers.

Instead of standing here any longer, I turned on my heel and walked out of the hospital with empty hands.

...

I moved the straw in the strawberry milkshake, and followed how Veronica was running the café on her own today. It was quiet during this time of the day, so being here was relaxing. As if this was my escape whenever I needed it the most.

''I've missed you, Vicks.'' Veronica said and her hands held mine. She squeezed them softly and had this warm smile across her face. ''I used to see you every day, but it stopped from the moment you quit your job here.''

I nodded in disappointment. ''I'm sorry, Veronica. I wanted to be here more, but the timing was never right.''

She handed me the sandwich I had ordered. ''It's okay, Vicky. We were busy with renovating this place.''

''Who are working here still?'' I asked.

''Uhm, Clarity is the only one. Everyone else have been replaced with new employees. They didn't want to wait for six months until they could work again.'' She said and shrugged with her shoulders. ''But we are doing better than ever, so I'm glad things have changed. But tell me, how are you doing?''