09 - Night

...

Night is always the time when the presence of mind that makes him unaware
of everything else especially when he was alone.

...

Hours become days, days become weeks and weeks become months. The members and Jin aren't awkward anymore. But they aren't comfortable with each other either. Maybe it was because Jin is new to them. New to their life. Sometimes, someone comes into your life so unexpectedly and your mind and heart need time.

To Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok, they started almost at the same time. Just three of them. Year after year, just three of them. Later, Jungkook and Taehyung came to their life. Yes, it took time for them to be comfortable with Taehyung and Jungkook. It is also the same with Jin, they need time. All of them do. Jin needs time too, to adjust himself with the members. To adjust himself being the oldest. To let them lean on him when they're struggling.

...

Its late at night now, as usual, Jin will always be the last trainee to stay there and practice. Jin took it the hardest among all of the trainees. He took it the hardest to practice in both singing and dancing. Of course, his vocalization is not a singer style. His vocalization is an actor style. The vocal trainer always tell him to change his vocalization but what can he do? Everyday he practice both of the vocalization. Both actor and singer style, his brain totally fcked up.

Maybe that was just his reason. His reason not to try hard. Jin sits on the floor, starring deep into his reflection on the mirror. He lets his mind wonder aimlessly. Night is always the time when the presence of mind that makes him unaware of everything else especially when he was alone. Just like now, he is alone as he thinks so. With the sweat still dripping on his cheeks, he wipes it. He stares deep at his own face. He needs to improve so that he will not bring anyone down.

After few minutes of staring, he stands up, preparing himself to go home. To meet his brothers. To rest before starting his day again. He brushes the dust on his pants as he stand up. Making his way to his backpack sitting on a bench at the corner of the room. He grabs a bottle of water next to his backpack and start drinking the water.

The water wash off his sandy throat. It is sandy, everyday with all those practices. He zips his backpack and walks straight to the door with a water bottle in his hand. Before exiting the practice room, he makes sure he already switches of the lights. He stands at the door for few seconds then peering inside the room again and making sure there's nothing he forgot.

Since the practice room he used is at the end of the building; there's about two other practices room there, he walks slowly, step-by-step. He stops at one of the other practice room. Wondering why the lights inside are still shining brightly. The lights inside shine through the hallway making it looks dim. Maybe there's someone there.

"Should I enter?" Jin asks himself.

After a few seconds fighting with his mind, wondering if he should enter the room or not, finally he decided to enter. If there's no one in there and he left the building without switching off the lights, someone with ranks in the company will be mad and all of the trainees will take the blame because of him being thoughtless.

Clicking the door open, he scans through the pratice room. Searching for at least a living creature in there; a trainee. His eyes stop at a figurine sitting at the corner of the room. It was Min Yoongi. Jin is sure it is Yoongi. Jin can hear a soft sobbing sound coming from the boy.

Yoongi is stting on the cold floor hugging his legs and putting his head on his knees. Jin waits for about 5 minutes at the door, waiting for the right time to console the younger. Yoongi looks so small and fragile and Jin is afraid to approach the younger. Afraid that he will make it worse. Afraid that the younger will break soon. But Jin is more afraid to leave him alone, like that.